This paper describes an augmented generalized impedance boundary condition (AGIBC) formulation for accurate and efficient modeling of conductive media. It is a surface integral equation method, so that it uses a smaller number of unknowns. The underlying GIBC provides a rigorous way to account for the skin effect. Combining with the novel augmentation technique, the AGIBC formulation works stably in the low-frequency regime. No looptree search is required. The formulation also allows for its easy incorporation of fast algorithms to enable the solving of large problems with many unknowns. Numerical examples are presented to validate the formulation.
1. Stratton, J. A., Electromagnetic Theory, McGraw-Hill, New York, 1941.
2. Qian, Z. G., W. C. Chew, and R. Suaya, "Generalized impedance boundary condition for conductor modeling in surface integral equation," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 55, No. 11, 2354-2364, 2007. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2007.908678
3. Qian, Z. G. and W. C. Chew, "An augmented electric field integral equation for low frequency electromagnetics analysis," IEEE International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation and USNC/URSI National Radio Science Meeting, 2008.
4. Qian, Z. G. and W. C. Chew, "Fast full-wave surface integral equation solver for multiscale structure modeling," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 57, No. 11, 3594-3601, 2009. doi:10.1109/TAP.2009.2023629
5. Krakowski, M., "Eddy-current losses in thin circular and rectangular plates," Archiv fur Elekrotechnik, Vol. 64, 307-311, 1982. doi:10.1007/BF01576221
6. Prechtl, A. and H. Hass, "Some comments on the paper `Eddy-current losses in thin circular and rectangular plates'," Archiv fur Elekrotechnik, Vol. 66, 231-232, 1983. doi:10.1007/BF01675673
7. Kamon, M., M. J. Tsuk, and J. White, "Fast Henry: A multipole-accelerated 3-D inductance extraction program," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 42, No. 9, 1750-1758, 1994. doi:10.1109/22.310584
8. Rao, S. M., D. R. Wilton, and A. W. Glisson, "Electromagnetic scattering by surface of arbitrary shape," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 30, No. 3, 409-418, 1982. doi:10.1109/TAP.1982.1142818