In this paper, the finite-difference frequency-domain (FDFD) method, boundary integral equation (BIE) method and sub-entire-domain (SED) basis functions are combined to analyze scatterings from finite periodic dielectric gratings. The wavelet method is used to reduce the number of inner product operations in calculating the mutual-impedance elements between the SED basis functions. In the numerical examples, the RCS curves obtained by the method in this paper are in good agreement with those obtained by the classical full-domain FDFD method, but the computational times are largely reduced and no large matrix equation needs to be stored and solved in the former.
1. Rappaport, C. M. and B. J. McCartin, "FDFD analysis of electromagnetic scattering in anisotropic media using unconstrained triangular meshes," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 39, No. 3, 345-349, March 1991. doi:10.1109/8.76332
2. Zhao, W., H. W. Deng, and Y. J. Zhao, "Application of 4-component compact 2-D FDFD method in analysis of lossy circular metal waveguide," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 22, No. 17-18, 2297-2308, December 2008. doi:10.1163/156939308787543930
3. Song, J. M. and W. C. Chew, "Multilevel fast-multipole algorithm for solving combined field integral equations of electromagnetic scattering," Microwave Opt. Tech. Lett., Vol. 10, No. 1, 14-19, September 1995. doi:10.1002/mop.4650100107
4. Khalaj-Amirhosseini, M., "Analysis of longitudinally inhomogeneous waveguides using the method of moments," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, PIER 74, 57-67, 2007.
5. Norgren, M., "A hybrid FDFD-BIE approach to two-dimensional scattering from an inhomogeneous biisotropic cylinder," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, PIER 38, 1-27, 2002.
6. Cui, T. J., W.-B. Lu, Z.-G. Qian, X. X. Yin, and W. Hong, "Sub-entire-domain basis function method for large-scale periodic structures," Proc. IEEE Int. Symp. Antennas Propag., Vol. 4, 4459-4462, June 2004.
7. Lu, W. B., T. J. Cui, Z. G. Qian, X. X. Yin, and W. Hong, "Accurate analysis of large-scale periodic structures using an efficient sub-entire-domain basis function method," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 52, No. 11, 3078-3085, November 2004. doi:10.1109/TAP.2004.835143
8. Du, P., B.-Z. Wang, H. Li, and G. Zheng, "Scattering analysis of large-scale periodic structures using the sub-entire domain basis function method and characteristic function method," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 14, 2085-2094, December 2007. doi:10.1163/156939307783152957
9. Lu, W. B., Q. Y. Zhao, and T. J. Cui, "Sub-entire-domain basis function method for irrectangular periodic structures," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 5, 91-105, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIERB08020401
10. Du, P., P., B.-Z. Wang, and J. Deng, "An extended simplified sub-entire domain basis function method for finite-sized periodic structures," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 22, No. 11-12, 1479-1488, October 2008. doi:10.1163/156939308786390139
11. Taflove, A. and S. C. Hagness, Computational Electrodynamics: The Finite-difference Time-domain Method, Artech House, New York, 2000.
12. Wang, B.-Z., R. Mittra, and W. Shao, "A domain decomposition finite-difference method utilizing characteristic basis functions for solving electrostatic problems," IEEE Trans. Electromagn. Compat., Vol. 50, No. 4, 946-952, November 2008. doi:10.1109/TEMC.2008.2006185
13. Murphy, W. D., V. Rokhlin, and M. S. Vassiliou, "Solving electromagnetic scattering problems at resonance frequencies," J. Appl. Phys., Vol. 67, No. 10, 6061-6065, May 1990. doi:10.1063/1.345217