This paper studies optical solitons, in presence of higher order dispersion terms by the aid of He's semi-inverse variational principle. Both Kerr law and power law are taken into consideration. The numerical simulations are also given to complete the analysis.
Patrice D. Green,
Dawn A. Lott,
"Optical Solitons with Higher Order Dispersion by Semi-Inverse Variational Principle," Progress In Electromagnetics Research,
Vol. 102, 337-350, 2010. doi:10.2528/PIER10011910
1. Ballav, M. and A. R. Chowdhury, "On a study of diffraction and dispersion-managed soliton in a cylindrical media," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 63, 33-50, 2006. doi:10.2528/PIER06051601
2. Banaee, M. G. and J. F. Young, "High-order soliton breakup and soliton self-frequency shifts in a microstructured optical fiber," Journal of Optical Society of America B, Vol. 23, No. 7, 1484-1489, 2006. doi:10.1364/JOSAB.23.001484
3. Banaei, H. A. and A. Rostami, "A novel proposal for passive all-optical demultiplexer for DWDM systems using 2-D photonic crystals," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 22, No. 4, 471-482, 2008. doi:10.1163/156939308784150263
4. Banerjee, A., "New approach to design digitally tunable optical filter system for wavelength selective switching based optical networks ," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 9, 93-100, 2009. doi:10.2528/PIERL09050303
5. Biswas, A., "Optical solitons: Quasi-stationarity versus Lie Transform," Optical and Quantum Electronics, Vol. 35, No. 10, 979-998, 2003. doi:10.1023/A:1025121931885
6. Biswas, A. and S. Konar, Introduction to Non-Kerr Law Optical Solitons, CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL, USA, 2006.
7. Biswas, A., R. Kohl, M. E. Edwards, and E. Zerrad, "Soliton parameter dynamics in a non-Kerr law media," Progress In Electromagnetics Research C, Vol. 1, 1-35, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIERC07121707
8. Biswas, A., D. Milovic, and M. E. Edwards, Mathematical Theory of Dispersion-managed Optical Solitons, Springer Verlag, New York, NY, USA, 2010.
9. Fu, Y., K. Li, and F. M. Kong, "Analysis of the optical transmission through the metal plate with slit array," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 82, 109-125, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIER08022013
10. Ganji, D. D., H. Tari, and M. B. Jooybari, "Variational iteration method and homotopy perturbation method for nonlinear evolution equations," Computers and Mathematics with Applications, Vol. 54, No. 7-8, 1018-1027, 2007. doi:10.1016/j.camwa.2006.12.070
11. Ganji, Z. Z., D. D. Ganji, and A. Asgari, "Finding general and explicit solutions of high nonlinear equations by the exp-function method," Computers and Mathematics with Applications, Vol. 58, No. 11-12, 2124-2130, 2009. doi:10.1016/j.camwa.2009.03.005
12. Ganji, Z. Z., D. D. Ganji, and M. Esmaeilpour, "Study on nonlinear Je®ery-Hamel flow by He's semi-analytical methods and comparison with numerical results ," Computers and Mathematics with Applications, Vol. 58, No. 11-12, 2107-2116, 2009. doi:10.1016/j.camwa.2009.03.044
13. He, J. H., "Variational principles for some nonlinear partial differential equations with variable coefficients," Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, Vol. 99, No. 4, 847-851, 2004. doi:10.1016/S0960-0779(03)00265-0
14. Heidari, A., S. F. Tayyari, and R. E. Sammelson, "An analytical approach to the stability of solitary solutions of cubic-quintic coupled non-linear Schrodinger's equations ," Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulations, Vol. 14, No. 9-10, 3554-3560, 2009. doi:10.1016/j.cnsns.2009.02.005
15. Khalique, C. M. and A. Biswas, "Optical solitons with parabolic and dual power law nonlinearity via Lie symmetry analysis," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 23, No. 7, 963-973, 2009. doi:10.1163/156939309788355270
16. Kohl, R., D. Milovic, E. Zerrad, and A. Biswas, "Optical soliton perturbation in a non-Kerr law media," Optics and Laser Technology, Vol. 40, No. 4, 647-662, 2008. doi:10.1016/j.optlastec.2007.10.002
17. Kohl, R., A. Biswas, D. Milovic, and E. Zerrad, "Optical solitons by He's variational principle in a non-Kerr law media," Journal of Infrared, Millimeter and Terrahertz Waves, Vol. 30, No. 5, 526-537, 2009. doi:10.1007/s10762-009-9467-9
18. Lv, X., B. Tian, T. Xu, K.-J. Cai, and W.-J. Liu, "Analytical study of the nonlinear Schrodinger equation with an arbitrary linear time-dependent potential in quasi-one-dimensional Bose-Einstein condensates," Annals of Physics, Vol. 323, No. 10, 2554-2565, 2008. doi:10.1016/j.aop.2008.04.008
19. Maurya, S. N., V. Singh, B. Prasad, and S. P. Ojha, "Modal analysis and waveguide dispersion of an optical waveguide having a cross-section of the shape of a cardioid," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 8, 1021-1035, 2006. doi:10.1163/156939306776930277
20. Medhekar, S., R. K. Sarkar, and P. P. Paltani, "Soliton pairing of two coaxially co-propagating mutually incoherent 1-D beams in Kerr type media ," Optica Applicata, Vol. 37, No. 3, 243-259, 2007.
21. Melamed, T., "Exact Gaussian beam expansion of time-harmonic electromagnetic waves," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 23, No. 8-9, 975-986, 2009.
22. Mishra, M. and S. Konar, "High bit rate dense dispersion-managed optical communication systems with distributed amplification," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 78, 301-320, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIER07091305
23. Panda, D. K. K., A. Chakraborty, and S. R. Choudhury, "Analysis of co-channel interference at waveguide joints using multiple cavity modelling technique," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 4, 91-98, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIERL08042704
24. Ramesh, M., D. Packiaraj, and A. T. Kalghatgi, "A compact branch line coupler using defected ground structure," Journal of Electromegnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 22, No. 2-3, 267-276, 2008. doi:10.1163/156939308784160659
25. Roy, S., S. K. Bhadra, and G. P. Agrawal, "Perturbation of higher order solitons by fourth-order dispersion in optical fibers," Optics Communications, Vol. 282, No. 18, 3798-3803, 2009. doi:10.1016/j.optcom.2009.06.018
26. Sarma, A. K., "Soliton switching in a highly nonlinear dual-core holey fiber coupler ," Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, Vol. 47, No. 7A, 5493-5495, 2008. doi:10.1143/JJAP.47.5493
27. Sarma, A. K., "Self-switching of solitons in an AIGaAs nanowire coupler ," Applied Optics, Vol. 48, No. 27, 5067-5071, 2009. doi:10.1364/AO.48.005067
28. Sarma, A. K., "Dark soliton switching in an NLDC in the presence of higher-order perturbative effects," Optics and Laser Technology, Vol. 41, No. 3, 247-250, 2009. doi:10.1016/j.optlastec.2008.06.008
29. Sarma, A. K., "A comparitive study of soliton switching in two and three core coupler with TOD and IMD," Optik, Vol. 120, No. 8, 390-394, 2009.
30. Shahoei, H., H. Ghafoori-Fard, and A. Rostami, "A novel design methodology of multi-clad single mode optical fiber for broadband optical networks," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 80, 253-275, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIER07111003
31. Shwetanshumala, S., "Temporal solitons in nonlinear media modeled by modi¯ed complex Ginzburg Landau equation under collective variable approach ," International Journal of Theoretical Physics, Vol. 48, No. 4, 1122-1131, 2009. doi:10.1007/s10773-008-9885-9
32. Shwetanshumala, S., "Temporal solitons of modified complex Ginzburg-Landau Equation," Progress In Electromagnetic Research Letters, Vol. 3, 17-24, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIERL08010401
33. Siong, C. C. and P. K. Choudhury, "Propagation characteristics of tapered core helical clad dielectric optical fibers," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 23, No. 5-6, 663-674, 2009. doi:10.1163/156939309788019877
34. Srivastava, S. K. and S. P. Ojha, "Photonic band gaps in one-dimensional metallic star waveguide structure," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 84, 349-362, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIER08080501
35. Topkara, E., D. Milovic, A. K. Sarma, F. Majid, and A. Biswas, "A study of optical solitons with Kerr and power law nonlinearities by He's variational principle," Journal of European Optical Society, Vol. 4, 09050, 2009.
36. Topkara, E., D. Milovic, A. K. Sarma, E. Zerrad, and A. Biswas, "Optical solitons with non-Kerr law nonlinearity and inter-modal dispersion with time-dependent coefficients ," Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation.
37. Tripathi, R., R. Gangwar, and N. Singh, "Reduction of crosstalk in wavelength division multiplexed fiber optic communication systems," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 77, 367-378, 2007. doi:10.2528/PIER07081002
38. Wang, Y.-L., W. Ren, and K. Li, "Exact transient field of a horizontal electric dipole excited by a Gaussian pulse on the surface of one dimensionally anisotropic medium ," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 8, 307-318, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIERB08062005
39. Wazwaz, A. M., "Exact solutions for the fourth order nonlinear Schrodinger equations with cubic and power law nonlinearities," Mathematical and Computer Modelling, Vol. 43, No. 7-8, 802-808, 2006. doi:10.1016/j.mcm.2005.08.010
40. Wazwaz, A. M., "A study on linear and nonlinear Schrodinger equations by the variational iteration method," Chaos, Solitons Chaos, Solitons, Vol. 37, No. 4, 1136-1142, 2008. doi:10.1016/j.chaos.2006.10.009