A model for two-dimensional layered medium is proposed for through-wall imaging problem. It is integrated with the subspace-based optimization method for reconstructing the relative permittivity profile in a fast and robust manner. Numerical results have shown that the concealed targets within walls can be reconstructed well using the proposed model even though full aperture of targets is not available due to the presence of walls. The model has also been employed for studying the effect of the presence of walls on imaging.
-Wall Imaging: Application of Subspace-Based Optimization Method," Progress In Electromagnetics Research,
Vol. 102, 351-366, 2010. doi:10.2528/PIER10020903
1. Dehmollaian, M., M. Thiel, and K. Sarabandi, "Through-the-wall imaging using differential SAR," IEEE Trans. Geosci. Remote Sensing, Vol. 47, No. 5, 1289-1296, May 2009. doi:10.1109/TGRS.2008.2010052
2. Ertin, E. and R. L. Moses, "Through-the-wall SAR attributed scattering center feature estimation," IEEE Trans. Geosci. Remote Sens., Vol. 47, No. 5, 1338-1348, May 2009. doi:10.1109/TGRS.2008.2008999
3. Debes, C., M. G. Amin, and A. Zoubir, "Target detection in single- and multiple-view through-the-wall radar imaging," IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, Vol. 47, No. 5, 1349-1361, 2009. doi:10.1109/TGRS.2009.2013460
4. Zheng, W., Z. Zhao, Z. P. Nie, and Q. H. Liu, "Evaluation of TRM in the complex through wall environment," Progress In Electromagnetic Research, Vol. 90, 235-254, 2009. doi:10.2528/PIER09011003
5. Yoon, Y. and M. Amin, "High-resolution through-the-wall radar imaging using beamspace MUSIC," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 56, No. 6, 1763-1774, 2008. doi:10.1109/TAP.2008.923336
6. Song, L. P., C. Yu, and Q. H. Liu, "Through-wall imaging (TWI) by radar: 2-D tomographic results and analyses," IEEE Trans. Geosci. Remote Sens., Vol. 43, No. 12, 2793-2798, Dec. 2005. doi:10.1109/TGRS.2005.857914
7. Van Den Berg, P. M. and R. E. Kleinman, "A contrast source inversion method," Inverse Problems, Vol. 13, 1607-1620, 1997. doi:10.1088/0266-5611/13/6/013
8. Abubakar, A. and P. M. van den Berg, "The contrast source inversion method for location and shape reconstructions," Inverse Problems, Vol. 18, No. 2, 495-510, Mar. 2002. doi:10.1088/0266-5611/18/2/313
9. Van Den Berg, P. M. and A. Abubakar, "Contrast source inversion method: State of art," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 34, 189-218, 2001. doi:10.2528/PIER01061103
10. Habashy, T. M., M. L. Oristaglio, and A. T. D. Hoop, "Simultaneous nonlinear reconstruction of two-dimensional permittivity and conductivity," Radio Sci., Vol. 29, No. 4, 1101-1118, 1994. doi:10.1029/93RS03448
11. Chen, X., "Application of signal-subspace and optimization methods in reconstructing extended scatterers," J. Opt. Soc. Amer. A, Vol. 26, No. 4, 1022-1026, 2009. doi:10.1088/0266-5611/25/8/085003
12. Zhong, Y. and X. Chen, "Twofold subspace-based optimization method for solving inverse scattering problems," Inverse Problems, Vol. 25, 085003, 2009. doi:10.1109/TGRS.2009.2025122
13. Chen, X., "Subspace-based optimization method for solving inverse scattering problems," IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, Vol. 48, 42-49, 2010.
14. Pan, L., K. Agarwal, Y. Zhong, S. P. Yeo, and X. Chen, "Subspace-based optimization method for reconstructing extended scatterers: Transverse electric case," Journal of the Optical Society of America A, Vol. 26, 1932-7, 2009.
15. Agarwal, K., P. Li, and X. Chen, "Subspace-based optimization method for reconstruction of two-dimensional complex anisotropic dielectric objects," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory and Technique, Accepted, 2009. doi:10.2528/PIER09111606
16. Ye, X., X. Chen, Y. Zhong, and K. Agarwal, "Subspace-based optimization method for reconstructing perfectly electric conductors," Progress In Electromagnetic Research, Vol. 100, 119-128, 2010. doi:10.1364/JOSAA.27.000245
17. Chen, X. and Y. Zhong, "Influence of multiple scattering on the resolution in inverse scattering," Journal of the Optical Society of America A, Vol. 27, 245-250, 2010. doi:10.1109/TAP.2004.829847
18. Cui, T. J., W. C. Chew, X. X. Yin, and W. Hong, "Study of resolution and super resolution in electromagnetic imaging for half-space problems," IEEE Trans. on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 52, 1398-1411, 2004.
19. Chew, W. C., Waves and Fields in Inhomogeneous Media, 2nd Ed., IEEE Press, New York, 1995.
21. Lakhtakia, A., "Strong and weak forms of the method of moments and the coupled dipole method for scattering of time-harmonic electromagnetic fields," International Journal of Modern Physics C, Vol. 3, 583-603, 1992.