Co-frequency interference problem is severe in shared-spectrum multistatic radar system, leading to detection problems in applications. In order to mitigate the co-frequency interferences, an adaptive pulse compression algorithm based on Maximum Signal Minus Interference Level criterion(MSMIL) is proposed in this paper, the main idea of which is to adaptively design an appropriate filter at each range cell, maximizing the result of signal power minus interference power, so that both range sidelobes and cross-correlation interference can be suppressed. Simulation results show that the algorithm outperforms the traditional multistatic adaptive pulse compression (MAPC) method in interference suppression. Compared with MAPC method, after one iteration step, the output SIR of the proposed algorithm is increased by about 10 dB. And after two iteration steps, it is increased by more than 40 dB. Moreover, it also outperforms the MAPC in convergence speed.
1. Isnard, J., "Frequency band sharing: Utopia or reality? Towards specification of operational scenarios," IEEE Aerospace and Electronic Systems Magazine, Vol. 17, No. 5, 4-9, 2002. doi:10.1109/62.1001985
2. Richard, E., A. Kwaku, and D. George, Federal communications commission report of the spectrum policy task force, http://www.fcc.gov/sptf/¯les/SEWGFinalReport 1.pdf, Nov. 2002.
3. Shamsan, Z. A., A. M. Al-Hetar, and T. B. A. Rahman, "Spectrum sharing studies of IMT-Advanced and FWA services under different clutter loss and channel bandwidths effecets," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 87, 331-344, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIER08102404
4. Krieger, G., H. Fiedler, and J. Mittermayer, "Analysis of multistatic configurations for spaceborne SAR interferometry," IEE Proceedings Radar, Sonar and Navigation, Vol. 150, No. 3, 87-96, 2003. doi:10.1049/ip-rsn:20030441
5. Zhang, M. Y. and X. G. Wang, Radar System, 2nd edition, 370-390, Publishing House of Electronics Industry, Beijing, 2006.
6. He, Z. S., C. L. Han, and B. Liu, "MIMO radar and its technical characteristic analyses," Chinese of Journal Electronics, Vol. 33, No. B12, 2441-2445, 2007.
7. Wang, G. H. and Y. L. Lu, "Sparse frequency waveform design for MIMO radar," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 20, 190-32, 2010.
8. Al-Kamali, F. S., M. I. Dessouky, B. M. Sallam, and F. E. A. El-Samie, "Frequency domain interference cancellation for single carrier cyclic prefix CDMA systems," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 3, 255-269, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIERB07121408
9. Al-Kamali, F. S., M. I. Dessouky, B. M. Sallam, and F. E. A. El-Samie, "Frequency domain interference cancellation for single carrier cyclic prefix CDMA systems," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 3, 255-269, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIERB07121408
10. Blunt, S. D. and G. Karl, Aspects of multistatic adaptive pulse compression, Proceedings of the IEEE International Radar Conference, 104-108, Arlington, VA, May 9-12, 2005.
11. Karl, G. and S. D. Blunt, A novel approach to shared-spectrum multisattic radar, Proceedings of the IEEE International Radar Conference, 437-443, Verna, NY, Apr. 24-27, 2006.
12. Karl, G., S. K. Aaron, and S. D. Blunt, "Combined multistatic adaptive pulse compression and adaptive beamforming for shared-spectrum radar," IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Signal Processing, Vol. 1, No. 1, 137-145, 2007. doi:10.1109/JSTSP.2007.897041
13. Blunt, S. D. and G. Karl, "A generalized formulation for adaptive pulse compression of multistatic radar," 4th IEEE Workshop on Sensor Array and Multichannel Processing, 349-353, Waltham, MA, Jul. 12-14, 2006.
14. Blunt, S. D. and G. Karl, "Multistatic adaptive pulse Multistatic adaptive pulse," IEEE Transaction on Aerospace and Electronic Systems , Vol. 42, No. 3, 891-903, 2006. doi:10.1109/TAES.2006.248196
15. Blunt, S. D. and G. Karl, "Hybrid adaptive receive processing for multistatic radar," 2nd IEEE International Workshop on Computational Advance in Multi-Sensor Adaptive Processing, 5-8, Dec. 12-14, 2007.
16. Blunt, S. D., W Dower, and G. Karl, "Hybrid interference suppression for multistatic radar," IET Radar, Sonar and Navigation, Vol. 2, No. 5, 323-333, 2008. doi:10.1049/iet-rsn:20070183
17. Guney, K. and S. Basbug, "Interference suppression of linear antenna arrays by amplitude-only control using a bacterial foraging algorithm," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 79, 475-497, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIER07110705
18. Mouhamadou, M., P. Armand, P. Vaudon, and M. Rammal, "Interference supression of the linear antenna arrays controlled by phase with use of SQP algorithm," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 59, 251-265, 2006. doi:10.2528/PIER05100603
19. Castaldi, G., V. Galdi, and G. Gerini, "Evaluation of a neural-network-based adaptive beamforming scheme with magnitude-only constraints," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 11, 1-14, 2009. doi:10.2528/PIERB08092303
20. Mahmoud, K. R., M., El-Adawy, S. M. M., and Ibrahem, "Performance of circular Yagi-Uda arrays foe beamforming applications using particle swarm optimization algorithm," Journal of Electromagnetics Waves and Applications, Vol. 22, 353-364, 2008. doi:10.1163/156939308784160866
21. Zhang, J. D., H. Q. Wang, and X. H. Zhu, "Adaptive pulse compression via MSN criteria," Journal of Electronic and Information Technology, Vol. 3, No. 4, 790-793, 2009.