1. Collin, R. E., Antennas and Radiowave Propagation, 401-402, McGraw Hill, ISBN 0-07-Y66156-1, 1995.
2. Goldhirsh, J., "Yearly variations of rain-rate statistics at wallops island and their impact on modeled slant path attenuation distributions," IEEE Transaction on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 31, No. 6, 918-921, November 1983.
3. Crane, R. K., Electromagnetic Wave Propagation Through Rain, Wiley Interscience, New York, 1996.
4., , ITU-R: Characteristics of Precipitation for Propagation Modeling, Recommendation P.837-4. ITU-R Recommendations, P Series, International Telecommunications Union, Geneva, 2007.
5. Rice, P. and N. Holmberg, "Cumulative time statistics of surface-point rainfall rate," IEEE Transactions on Communications, Vol. 21, 1772-1774, October 1973.
6. Moupfounma, F. and L. Martin, "Modelling of the rainfall rate cumulative distribution for the design of satellite and terrestrial communication systems ," International Journal of Satellite Communications, Vol. 13, No. 2, 105-115, 1995.
7. Ajayi, G. O. and E. B. C. Ofoche, "Some tropical rainfall rate characteristics at ile-ife for microwave and millimeter wave application," Journal of Climate and Applied Meteorology, Vol. 23, 562-567, 1983.
8. Owolawi, P. A., T. J. Afullo, and S. B. Malinga, "Effect of rainfall on millimeter wavelength radio in Gough and Marion Islands," PIERS Online, Vol. 5, No. 4, 328-335, 2009.
9. Owolawi, P. A., T. J. Afullo, and S. B. Malinga, "Rainfall rate characteristics for the design of terrestrial links in South Africa," Proceedings of Southern Africa Telecommunication Networks and Applications Conference (SATNAC) , 1-76, September 2008.
10. Fashuyi, M. O., P. A. Owolawi and T. J. Afullo, "Rainfall rate modeling for LOS radio systems in South Africa," South African Institute of Electrical Engineering Journal, Vol. 42, No. 1, 74-81, March 2006.
11. Owolawi, P. A. and T. J. Afullo, "Rainfall rate modeling and its worst month statistics for millimetric LOS links in South Africa," Radio Science, Vol. 42, 2007.
12. Owolawi, P. A., T. J. Afullo and S. B. Malinga, "Effect of worst-month distribution on radio link design in South Africa," 11th URSI Commission F Triennial Open Symposium on Radio Wave Propagation and Remote Sensing , 55-61, Rio de Janeiro, October 2007.
13. Mulangu, C. T., P. A. Owolawi and T. J. O. Afullo, "Rainfall rate distribution for LOS radio system in Botswana," Proceedings of 10th Southern Africa Telecommunication, Networks and Application Conference (SATNAC), September 2007.
14. Owolawi, P. A., "Rain rate and rain drop size distribution models for line-of-sight millimetric systems in South Africa," M.Sc. Dissertation, Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, University of KwaZulu Natal, Durban, 2006.
15. Seeber, R. J., "N model vir die bepaling van die punt-reenintensitverdeling vir die voorspelling van mikrogolf-reenverswakking in Suidelike Afrika," South African Institute of Electrical Engineering Journal, 67-75, June 1995.
16. Owolawi, P. A., "Characteristics of rain at microwave and millimetric bands for terrestrial and satellite links attenuation in south africa and surrounding islands," Ph.D. Dissertation, School of Electrical, Electronics and Computer Engineering, University of KwaZulu Natal, Durban,South Africa, 2010.
17. Emiliani, L. D., J. Agudelo, E. Gutierrez, J. Restrepo and C. Fradique-Mendez, "Development of rain-attenuation and rain-rate maps for satellite system design in the Ku and Ka bands in Colombia," IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine, Vol. 46, No. 6, 54-68, December 2004.
18., World Meteorological Organization: World Distribution of Thunderstorm Days, No. 21, TP. 21, WMO/OMM, Geneva, 1953.
19., World Meteorological Organization: World Meteorological Organi-zation Climatological Normal (CLINO) for Climate and Climate Ship Stations for the Period 1931-1960, WMO/OMM, No. 117, TP. 52, Geneva, 1962.
20. Dutton, E. J., H. T. Dougherty, R. F. Martin, and Jr., "Prediction of European rainfall and link performance coefficients at 8 to 30 GHz," NTIS Rep., ACC-ACO-16-17, 1974.
21. Wong, R. K. W., "Weibull distribution, iterative likelihood techniques and hydrometeorlogical data," Journal of Applied Meteorology, Vol. 16, 1360-1364, 1977.
22. Wilks, D. S., "Rainfall intensity, the Weibull distribution and estimation of daily surface runoff," Journal of Applied Meteorology, Vol. 28, 52-58, 1977.
23. Evans, M., N. Hastings, and B. Peacock, Statistical Distributions,2nd edition, John Wiley and Sons Inc. New York, 1993.
24. Walack, C., Hand-book on Statistical Distributions for Experimen-talists, Internal Report SUF-PFY/96-01, University of Stockholm, 2007.
25. Eckhard, L., A. S. Werner, and A. Markus, "Lognormal distributions across the sciences: Key and clues," BioScience, Vol. 51, No. 5, May 2001.
26. Suhaila, J. and A. A. Jemain, "Fitting daily rainfall amount in Malaysia using the normal transformer distribution," Journal of Applied Science, Vol. 7, No. 14, 2007.
27. Thom, H. C., "A note on the gamma distribution," Monthly Weather Review, Vol. 86, 117-122, 1958.