The objective of this paper is to establish the properties of the electromagnetic wave propagation in a diversity of situations in material media with magnetic monopoles and even in the situations of entities simultaneously containing electric and magnetic charges. This analysis requires the knowledge and solutions of the ``Maxwell" equations in material media compatible with the existence of magnetic monopoles and the extended concepts of linear responses (conductivity, split-charge susceptibility, kinetic susceptibility, permittivity and magnetic permeability) in the case of presence of electric and magnetic charges. This analysis can facilitate insights and suggestions for electrical and optical experiments according a better knowledge of the materials whose behaviour can be analyzed under the consideration of the existence of entities with equivalent properties of the magnetic monopoles.
11. Bramwell, S. T., S. R. Giblin, S. Calder, R. Aldus, D. Prabhakaran, and T. Fennell, "Measurement of the charge and current of magnetic monopoles in spin ice," Nature, Vol. 461, 956-960, 2009. doi:10.1038/nature08500
12. Fennell, T., P. P. Deen, A. R. Wildes, K. Schmalzl, D. Prabhakaran, A. T. Boothryod, R. J. Aldus, D. F. McMorrow, and S. T. Bramwell, "Magnetic Coulomb phase in the spin ice Ho2Ti2O7," Science, Vol. 326, 415-417, 2009. doi:10.1126/science.1177582
14. Jaubert, L. D. C. and P. C. W. Holsworth, "Signature of magnetic monopole and Dirac string dynamics in spin ice," Nature Physics, Vol. 5, 258-261, 2009. doi:10.1038/nphys1227
15. Morris, D. J. P., D. A. Tennant, S. A. Grigera, B. Klemke, C. Castelnovo, R. Moessner, C. Czternasty, M. Meissner, K. C. Rule, J.-U. Hoffmann, K. Kiefer, S. Gerischer, D. Slobinsky, and R. S. Perry, "Dirac strings and magnetic monopoles in the spin ice Dy2Ti2O7," Science, Vol. 326, 411-414, 2009. doi:10.1126/science.1178868
16. Ladak, S., D. E. Read, G. K. Perkins, L. F. Cohen, and W. R. Branford, "Direct observation of magnetic monopole defects in an artificial spin-ice system," Nature Physics, Vol. 6, 359-363, 2010. doi:10.1038/nphys1628
17. Onsager, L., "Deviations from Ohm's law in weak electrolytes," J. Chem. Phys., Vol. 2, 599-615, 1934. doi:10.1063/1.1749541
18. Bandyopadhyay, S. and M. Cahay, Introduction to Spintronics, CRC Press, 2008.
19. Jackson, J. D., Classical Electrodynamics, 3 Ed., John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York, 1999.