The mutual correlation function of the phase fluctuations of scattered ordinary and extraordinary waves by the magnetized plasma slab with electron density fluctuations and the variance of the Faraday angle is calculated by the perturbation method. Analytical expression of broadening of the spatial spectrum of scattered radiation is obtained for arbitrary fluctuation spectrum. Numerical calculations are carried out for the anisotropic Gaussian fluctuation spectrum at different anisotropy factor and the angle of inclination of prolate irregularities with respect to the external magnetic field. Isolines of the normalized root mean square deviation of the Faraday angle nonlinearly depends on the angle of inclination of prolate irregularities and increases in proportion to the anisotropy factor; two receiving antennas are located in orthogonal planes. It is shown that the broadening of the spatial spectrum of scattered electromagnetic waves by turbulent magnetized plasma slab in the principle plane (location of an external magnetic field) is less than in the perpendicular one.
1. Ishimaru, A., "Multiple scattering, turbulence, rough surfaces and remote sensing," Wave Propagation and Scattering in Random Media, Vol. 2, IEEE Press, Piscataway, New Jersey, USA, 1997.
2. Frolov, V. L., N. V. Bakhmetéva, V. V. Belikovich, G. G. Vetrogradov, V. G. Vatrogradov, G. P. Komrakov, D. S. Kotik, N. A. Mityakov, S. V. Polyakov, V. O. Rapoport, E. N. Sergeev, E. D. Tereshchenko, A. V. Tolmacheva, V. P. Uryadov, and B. Z. Khudukon, "Modification of the earth's ionosphere by high power high-frequency radio waves," Usp. Phys. Nauk, Vol. 50, 315-325, 2007. doi:10.1070/PU2007v050n03ABEH006282
3. Xu, Z.-W. and J. Wu, "A survey of ionospheric effects on space-based radar," Waves in Random Media, Vol. 14, 189-273, 2004. doi:10.1088/0959-7174/14/2/008
4. Gershman, B. N., L. M. Erukhimov, and Y. Y. Yashin, Wave Phenomena in the Ionosphere and Space Plasma, Nauka, Moscow, 1984.
5. Ginzburg, V. L., Propagation of Electromagnetic Waves in Plasma, Gordon and Beach, New York, 1961.
6. Gavrilenko, V. G., A. A. Semerikov, and G. V. Jandieri, "On the effect of absorption on multiple wave scatteting in magnetized turbulent plasma," Waves in Random Media, Vol. 9, 427-440, 1999. doi:10.1088/0959-7174/9/3/310
7. Gavrilenko, V. G., A. V. Sarokin, G. V. Jandieri, and V. G. Jandieri, "Some properties of the angular power distribution of electromagnetic waves multiply scattered in a collisional magnetized turbulent plasma," Plasma Physics Report, Vol. 31, No. 7, 604-615, 2005. doi:10.1134/1.1992588
8. Jandieri, G. V., A. Ishimaru, V. G. Jandieri, A. G. Khantadze, and Z. M. Diasamidze, "Model computations of angular power spectra for anisotropic absorptive turbulent magnetized plasma," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 70, 307-328, 2007. doi:10.2528/PIER07013103
9. Jandieri, G. V., A. Ishimaru, K. Yasumoto, A. G. Khantadze, and V. G. Jandieri, "Angle-of-arrival of radio waves scattering by turbulent collisional magnetized plasma layer," International Journal of Microwave and Optical Technology, Vol. 4, 160-169, 2009.
10. Jandieri, G. V., A. Ishimaru, N. N. Zhukova, T. N. Bzhalava, and M. R. Diasamidze, "On the influence of fluctuations of the direction of an external magnetic field on phase and amplitude correlation functions of scattered radiation by magnetized plasmaslab," Progress In Electromagntics Research B, Vol. 22, 121-143, 2010. doi:10.2528/PIERB10051402
11. Russkin, V. M. and A. M. Stadnik, "Depolarization of metric waves radio signals in the equatorial ionosphere," Geomagnetizm an Aeronomy, Vol. 27, 682-684, 1987.
12. Yeh, K. C. and C. H. Liu, "Wave propagation in a random medium with anisotropic background," IEEE Transaction on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 5, 539-542, 1967. doi:10.1109/TAP.1967.1138985
. Jandieri, G. V., A. Ishimaru, V. G. Jandieri, A. G. Khantadze, A. I. Gvelesiani, and T. N. Bzhalava, "A note of the angular power spectrum of scattered radiation by anisotropic layer of collisional magnetized turbulent plasma," International Journal of Microwave and Optical Technology, Vol. 3, 35-44, 2008.
14. Clark, D. H., "The latitude variation of sizes of the ionospheric irregularities producing radio-satellite scintillation," Journal of Atmosphere and Terrestrial Physics, Vol. 33, 1267-1272, 1971. doi:10.1016/0021-9169(71)90114-0