A novel compact dual-band bandpass filter using tri-section stepped impedance resonators (SIRs) is presented for Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN). SIRs and one stub between parallel couple line are employed to realize two satisfactory passbands. Meanwhile, one transmission zero is generated between the two passbands to achieve a high out-of-band rejection. Simulated results show that two central frequencies are located at desired 2.4 and 5.2 GHz with 3 dB fractional bandwidths of 6.3% and 3.4% respectively. The measured results are in agreement well with the simulated ones.
1. Tsai, L.-C. and C.-W. Huse, "Dual-band bandpass filters using equallength coupled-serial-shunted lines and Z-transform techniques," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 52, 1111-1117, 2004. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2004.825680
2. Miyake, H., S. Kitazawa, T. Ishizaki, T. Yamada, and Y. Nagatomi, "A miniaturized monolithic dual band filter using ceramic lamination technique for dual mode portable telephones," IEEE MTT-S Int. Dig., Vol. 2, 789-792, 1997.
3. Yeung, L.-K. and K.-L. Wu, "A dual-band coupled-line balun filter," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 55, 2406-2411, 2007. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2007.907402
4. Sun, S. and L. Zhu, "Compact dual-band microstrip bandpass filter without external feeds," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 15, 644-646, 2005. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2005.856687
5. Alkanhal, M. A. S., Dual-band bandpass flters using inverted stepped-impedance resonators, Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 23, No. 8--9, 1211-1220, 2009.
6. Wang, J.-P., B.-Z. Wang, Y.-X. Wang, Y.-X. Guo, and , "Dual-band microstrip stepped-impedance bandpass filter with defected ground structure," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 22, No. 4, 463-470, 2008. doi:10.1163/156939308784150335
7. Weng, M.-H., S.-K. Liu, H.-W. Wu, C.-H. Hung, and , "A dual-band bandpass filter having wide and narrow bands simultaneously using multilayered stepped impedance resonators," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 13, 139-147, 2010. doi:10.2528/PIERL10022401
8. Velazquez-Ahumada, M. D. C., J. Martel-Villagr, F. Medina, F. Mesa, "Application of stub loaded folded stepped impedance resonators to dual band filter design," Progress In Electromagnetic Research, Vol. 102, 107-124, 2010. doi:10.2528/PIER10011406
9. Weng, M.-H., H.-W. Wu, Y.-K. Su, and , "Compact and low loss dual-band bandpass filter using pseudo-interdigital stepped impedance resonators for WLANs," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 17, 187-189, 2007. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2006.890463
10. Chang, Y.-C., C.-H. Kao, M.-H. Weng, and R.-Y. Yang, "Design of the compact dual-band bandpass filter with high isolation for GPS/WLAN applications," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 79, 780-782, 2009.
11. Weng, M.-H., C.-H. Kao, Y.-C. Chang, and , "A compact dual-band bandpass filter using cross-coupled asymmetric SIRs for WLANs," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 24, No. 2--3, 161-168, 2010. doi:10.1163/156939310790735679
12. Lee, C.-H., I.-C. Wang, and C.-I. G. Hsu, "Dual-band balanced BPF using quarter wavelength stepped-impedance resonators and folded feed lines," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 23, No. 17--18, 2441-2449, 2009.
13. Kazerooni, M., A. Cheldavi, and , "Simulation, analysis, design and applications of array defected microstrip structure (ADMS) filters using rigorously coupled multi-strip (RCMS) method," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 63, 193-207, 2006. doi:10.2528/PIER06052803
14. Khalaj-Amirhosseini, M., "Microwave filters using waveguides filled by multi-layer dielectric," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 66, 105-110, 2006. doi:10.2528/PIER06102502
15. Jung-Woo, B., Z. Lei, and K. Young-Silk, "Dual-mode dual-band bandpass filter using balun structure for single substrate configuration," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 20, 613-615, 2010.