A fast method for electromagnetic imaging from monostatic full rotational near-field scattering is proposed in this paper. It is based on circular spectrum theory which exploits the Fourier decomposition of the targets distribution instead of point by point imaging in earlier works. The novelty of the proposed method is that it simplifies the relationship between the spatial frequency domain and the scattering field. The near-field scattering is analyzed by expanding the distance to Taylor series at the centre of the targets zone. The near-field focus function is then transformed to spatial frequency domain and evaluated by the method of stationary phase. The imaging result is given by two-dimensional inverse Fourier transformation from spatial frequency domain of targets. The proposed method is validated by comparing the simulation results of distributed targets with the tomographic imaging. The dynamic range of imaging result is derived by distributed targets with different reflection coefficient. Furthermore, the experiment is also conducted in microwave chamber at Ku band with target placed on the turntable.
"A Novel Fast Near-Field Electromagnetic Imaging Method for Full Rotation Problem," Progress In Electromagnetics Research,
Vol. 120, 387-401, 2011. doi:10.2528/PIER11070412
1. Zhou, H., T. Takenaka, J. Johnson, and T. Tanaka, "A breast imaging model using microwaves and a time domain three dimensional reconstruction method," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 93, 57-70, 2009. doi:10.2528/PIER09033001
2. Yu, J., M. Yuan, and Q. H. Liu, "A wideband half oval patch antenna for breast imaging," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 98, 1-13, 2009. doi:10.2528/PIER09090304
3. Zhang, H., S. Y. Tan, and H. S. Tan, "A flanged parallel-plate waveguide probe for microwave imaging of tumors," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 97, 45-60, 2009. doi:10.2528/PIER09090901
4. Catapano, I., L. Di Donato, L. Crocco, O. M. Bucci, A. F. Morabito, T. Isernia, and R. Massa, "On quantitative microwave tomography of female breast," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 97, 75-93, 2009. doi:10.2528/PIER09080604
5. Chen, G. P. and Z. Q. Zhao, "Ultrasound tomography-guide TRM technique for breast tumor detecting in MITAT system," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Application, Vol. 24, No. 11--12, 1459-1471, 2010. doi:10.1163/156939310792149650
6. Vaupel, T. and T. F. Eibert, "Comparison and application of near-field ISAR imaging techniques for far-field radar cross section determination," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 54, No. 1, 144-151, 2006. doi:10.1109/TAP.2005.861549
7. Nicholson, K. J. and C. H.Wang, "Improved near-field radar cross-section measurement technique," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 8, 1103-1106, 2009. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2009.2033951
8. Tan, W.-X., Y.-P. Wang, W. Hong, Y.-R. Wu, N.-J. Li, C.-F. Hu, and L.-X. Zhang, "Circular SAR experiment for human body imaging," 1st Asian and Pacific Conference on.Synthetic Aperture Radar, 2007.
9. Tan, W., W. Hong, Y. Wang, and Y. Wu, "A novel spherical-wave three-dimensional imaging algorithm for microwave cylindrical scanning geometries," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 111, 43-70, 2011.
10. Li, S. Y., H. J. Sun, B. C. Zhu, and R. Liu, "Two-dimensional NUFFT-based algorithm for fast near-field imaging," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 9, 814-817, 2010. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2010.2069550
11. Park, J.-I. and K.-T. Kim, "A comparative study on isar imaging algorithms for radar target identification," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 108, 155-175, 2010. doi:10.2528/PIER10071901
12. Broquetas, A., J. Palau, L. Jofre, and A. Cardama, "Spherical wave near-field imaging and radar cross-section measurement," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 45, No. 5, 730-735, 1998. doi:10.1109/8.668918
14. Soumekh, M., "Reconnaissance with slant plane circular SAR imaging," IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, Vol. 8, No. 8, 1252-1265, 1996. doi:10.1109/83.506760
15. Bryant, M. L., L. L. Gostin, and M. Soumekh, "3-D E-CSAR imaging of a T-72 tank and synthesis of its SAR reconstructions," IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, Vol. 39, No. 1, 211-227, 2003. doi:10.1109/TAES.2003.1188905
16. Burki, J. and C. F. Barnes, "Slant plane CSAR processing using householder transform," IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, Vol. 17, No. 10, 1900-1907, 2009. doi:10.1109/TIP.2008.2002161
17. Lin, Y., W. Hong, W. Tan, and Y. Wu, "Extension of range migration algorithm to squint circular SAR imaging," IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters, Vol. 8, No. 4, 651-655, 2011. doi:10.1109/LGRS.2010.2098843
18. Knaell, K. K. and G. P. Cardillo, "Radar tomography for the generation of three-dimensional images," IEE Proceedings of Radar, Sonar and Navigation, Vol. 142, No. 2, 54-60, 1995. doi:10.1049/ip-rsn:19951791