Radome has strong effects on the radiation performances of the antenna in millimeter wave band. In this paper, the aperture integration-surface integration (AI-SI) method is adopted to analyze the electrically large antenna-radome system. The fast multipole method (FMM) is proposed to accelerate the aperture integration and inner surface integration in the AI-SI method. An electrically large antenna-radome system at W band is analyzed and measured. The radiation patterns of the system calculated using the AI-SI method with and without the fast multipole acceleration and the measured patterns are compared. The calculated patterns agree very well with each other, and both have the same agreement with the experimental results. However, the computational time of the proposed analysis with the fast multipole acceleration is reduced significantly.
Hong Fu Meng,
"Fast Analysis of Electrically Large Radome in Millimeter Wave Band with Fast Multipole Acceleration," Progress In Electromagnetics Research,
Vol. 120, 371-385, 2011. doi:10.2528/PIER11081101
1. Arvas, E., A. Rahhalarabi, U. Pekel, et al. "Electromagnetic transmission through a small radome of arbitrary shape," IEE Proceedings-H Microwaves, Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 137, No. 6, 401-405, 1990. doi:10.1049/ip-h-2.1990.0072
2. Povinelli, M. J. and J. D'Angelo, "Finite element analysis of large wavelength antenna radome problems for leading edge and radar phased arrays," IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol. 27, No. 5, 4299-4302, 1991. doi:10.1109/20.105052
3. Nie, X.-C., N. Yuan, L.-W. Li, T. S. Yeo, and Y.-B. Gan, "Fast analysis of electromagnetic transmission through arbitrary shaped airborne radomes using precorrected-FFT method," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 54, 37-59, 2005. doi:10.2528/PIER04100601
4. Lee, H.-S. and H. Park, "Prediction of radome bore-sight errors using a projected image of source distributions," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 92, 181-194, 2009. doi:10.2528/PIER09033105
6. Kozakoff, D. J., Analysis of Radome-enclosed Antennas, Artech House, Boston, London, 1997.
7. Meng, H.-F., W.-B. Dou, T.-T. Chen, et al. "Analysis of radome using aperture integration-surface integration method with modified transmission coefficient," Journal of Infrared, Millimeter, and Terahertz Waves, Vol. 30, No. 2, 199-210, 2009. doi:10.1007/s10762-008-9438-6
8. Hu, B., X.-W. Xu, M. He, and Y. Zheng, "More accurate hybrid PO-MoM analysis for an electrically large antenna-radome structure," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 92, 255-265, 2009. doi:10.2528/PIER09022301
9. Meng, H.-F. and W.-B. Dou, "A hybrid method for the analysis of radome-enclosed horn antenna," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 90, 219-233, 2009. doi:10.2528/PIER08122502
10. Nie, X.-C., Y.-B. Gan, N. Yuan, C.-F. Wang, and L.-W. Li, "An efficient hybrid method for analysis of slot arrays enclosed by a large radome," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves Applications, Vol. 20, No. 2, 249-264, 2006. doi:10.1163/156939306775777215
11. Lu, C.-C., "A fast algorithm based on volume integral equation for analysis of arbitrarily shaped dielectric radomes," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 51, No. 3, 606-612, 2003. doi:10.1109/TAP.2003.809823
12. Oğuzer, T. and A. Altintas, "Analysis of the nonconcentric reflector antenna-in-radome system by the iterative reflector antenna and radome interaction," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves Applications, Vol. 21, No. 1, 57-70, 2007. doi:10.1163/156939307779391696
13. Sukharevsky, I. V., S. E. Vazhinsky, and I. O. Sukharevsky, "3-D radome-enclosed aperture antenna analyses and far-side radiation," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 58, No. 9, 2843-2849, 2010. doi:10.1109/TAP.2010.2052548
14. Sukharevsky, O. I. and V. A. Vasilets, "Scattering of reflector antenna with conic dielectric radome," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 4, 159-169, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIERB08011404
15. Sukharevsky, O. I., V. A. Vasilets, S. V. Kukobko, et al."The electromagnetic wave scattering by aerial and ground radar objects," Kharkov, Ukraine, KUAF, 2009.
17. Rokhlin, V., "Rapid solution of integral equations of scattering theory in two dimensions," J. Comput. Phys., Vol. 86, 414-439, Feb. 1990. doi:10.1016/0021-9991(90)90107-C
18. Coifman, R., V. Rokhlin, and S. Wandzura, "The fast multipole method for the wave equation: A pedestrian prescription," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat. Mag., Vol. 35, 7-12, Jun. 1993. doi:10.1109/74.250128
19. Cui, T.-J. and W.-C. Chew, Fast Algorithms in Computational Electromagnetics, Artech House, INC, Oct. 2003.
20. Chen, F., Q. Shen, and L. Zhang, "Electromagnetic optimal design and preparation of broadband ceramic radome material with graded porous structure," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 105, 445-461, 2010. doi:10.2528/PIER10012005
21. Song, J. M., C. C. Lu, and W. C. Chew, "Multilevel fast multipole algorithm for electromagnetic scattering by large complex objects," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 45, No. 10, 1488-1493, 1997. doi:10.1109/8.633855
22. Gurel, L., O. Ergul, A. Unal, and T. Malas, "Fast and accurate analysis of large metamaterial structures using the multilevel fast multipole algorithm," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 95, 179-198, 2009. doi:10.2528/PIER09060106
23. Eibert, T. F., Ismatullah, E. Kaliyaperumal, and C. H. Schmidt, "Inverse equivalent surface current method with hierarchical higher order basis functions, full probe correction and multi-level fast multipole acceleration," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 106, 377-394, 2010. doi:10.2528/PIER10061604
24. Yang, M.-L. and X.-Q. Sheng, "Parallel high-order FE-BI-MLFMA for scattering by large and deep coated cavities loaded with obstacles," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 23, No. 13, 1813-1823, 2009. doi:10.1163/156939309789566932