In this research, a compact printed antenna design operating on ultra-wideband (UWB) and three extra wireless communication bands is proposed. An ellipse-shaped monopole is utilized to realize UWB application (3.1-10.6 GHz). The modified ground employs three folded Capacitive Loaded Line Resonators (CLLRs) to obtain triple relatively lower communication bands, including parts of global System for Mobile Communications (GSM) band at the centre frequency of 1.78 GHz, Wideband Code Division Multiple Access (WCDMA) band at the centre frequency of 2.15 GHz, and Wireless Local Area Networks (WLAN) band at the centre frequency of 2.4 GHz. The CLLRs are designed with quarter-wavelength to control the corresponding frequencies independently. Good agreement is achieved between the simulation and measurement to verify our presented design. The basic, dual-, triple-band UWB antennas are also simulated and good results are obtained. Small group delay variations across UWB frequencies are obtained for the presented antenna and reference antennas, with some level of distortion observed.
Xiao Yan Ma,
"Design of a Compact UWB Antenna Integrated with GSM/Wcdma/WLAN Bands," Progress In Electromagnetics Research,
Vol. 136, 409-419, 2013. doi:10.2528/PIER12120604
1. Islam, M. T., R. Azim, and A. T. Mobashsher, "Triple band-notched planar UWB antenna using parasitic strips," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 129, 161-179, 2012.
2. Lizzi, L., G. Oliveri, and A. Massa, "A time-domain approach to the synthesis of UWB antenna systems," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 122, 557-575, 2012. doi:10.2528/PIER11103003
3. Xu, H. Y., H. Zhang, K. Lu, and X. F. Zeng, "A holly-leaf-shaped monopole antenna with low RCS for UWB application," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 117, 35-50, 2011.
4. Li, C. M. and L. H. Ye, "Improved dual band-notched UWB slot antenna with controllable notched bandwidths," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 115, 477-493, 2011.
5. Saleem, R. and A. K. Brown, "Empirical miniaturization analysis of inverse parabolic step sequence based UWB antennas," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 114, 369-381, 2011.
6. Zhang, Z. and Y. H. Lee, "A robust cad tool for integrated design of UWB antenna system," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 112, 441-457, 2011.
7. Yildirim, B. S., B. A. Cetiner, G. Roquetra, and L. Jofre, "Integrated bluetooth and UWB antenna," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 8, 149-152, 2009. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2009.2013371
8. Mishra, S. K., R. K. Gupta, A. Vaidya, and J. Mukherjee, "A compact dual-band fork-shaped monopole antenna for Bluetooth and UWB applications," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 10, 627-630, 2011. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2011.2159572
9. Foudazi, A., H. R. Hassani, and S. M. Ali Nezhad, "Small UWB planar monopole antenna with added GPS/GSM/WLAN bands," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 60, No. 6, 2987-2992, 2012. doi:10.1109/TAP.2012.2194632
10. Bod, M., H. R. Hassani, and M. M. Samadi Taheri, "Compact UWB printed slot antenna with extra bluetooth, GSM, and GPS bands," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 11, 531-534, 2012. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2012.2197849
11. Rahanandeh, M., A. S. Noor Amin, M. Hosseinzadeh, P. Rezai, and M. S. Rostami, "A compact elliptical slot antenna for covering bluetooth/WiMAX/WLAN/ITU," IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., Vol. 11, 857-860, 2012. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2012.2209109
12. Pele, I., A. Chousseaud, and S. Toutain, "Simultaneous modeling of impedance and radiation pattern antenna for UWB pulse modulation," Proc. IEEE AP-S Int. Symp., Vol. 2, 1871-1874, 2004.