The time-domain shielding effectiveness of planar conductive thin screens excited by a transient electric-line source is studied in detail by means of an approximate semi-analytical formulation based on a Cagniard-De Hoop approach. Such a formulation allows for easily deriving and discussing several definitions of time-domain shielding effectiveness, recently introduced in the literature. Comparisons with results obtained numerically through an exact canonical double inverse Fourier transform are provided which furnish a benchmark to discuss the advantages and limits of the proposed approximate formulation.
5. Lovat, G., P. Burghignoli, and S. Celozzi, "Shielding properties of a wire-medium screen," IEEE Trans. Electromagn. Compat., Vol. 50, No. 1, 80-88, Feb. 2008. doi:10.1109/TEMC.2007.911934
6. Lovat, G., "Near-field shielding effectiveness of 1-D periodic planar screens with 2-D near-field sources," IEEE Trans. Electromagn. Compat., Vol. 51, No. 3, 708-719, Aug. 2009. doi:10.1109/TEMC.2009.2022273
7. Araneo, R., G. Lovat, and S. Celozzi, "Shielding effectiveness of periodic screens against finite high-impedance near-field sources," IEEE Trans. Electromagn. Compat., Vol. 53, No. 3, 706-716, Aug. 2011. doi:10.1109/TEMC.2010.2081367
8. Wang, Y.-L., W. Ren, and K. Li, "Exact transient field of a horizontal electric dipole excited by a gaussian pulse on the surface of one-dimensionally anisotropic medium," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 8, 307-318, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIERB08062005
9. Popov, A. V. and V. V. Kopeikin, "Electromagnetic pulse propagation over nonuniform earth surface: numerical simulation," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 6, 37-64, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIERB08031102
10. De Hoop, A. T. and L. Combee, "Transient diffusive electromagnetic fields in layered media --- An analysis based on the Cagniard method," PIERS Proceedings, 520, Boston, MA, USA, Jul. 25-26, 1989.
12. De Hoop, A. T., L. L. Meng, and L. J. Jiang, "Pulsed line source response of a thin sheet with high-contrast dielectric and conductive properties --- A time domain analysis," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 61, No. 11, 5649-5657, Nov. 2013. doi:10.1109/TAP.2013.2277577
13. Michalski, K. A. and J. R. Mosig, "Multilayered media Green's functions in integral equation formulations," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 45, No. 3, 508-519, Mar. 1997. doi:10.1109/8.558666
15. De Hoop, A. T. and M. L. Oristaglio, "Application of the modified CAgniard technique to transien electromagnetic diffusion problemst," Geophysical Journal, Vol. 94, 387-397, 1988. doi:10.1111/j.1365-246X.1988.tb02262.x
16. De Hoop, A., "A modification of Cagniard's method for solving seismic pulse problems," Applied Scientific Research, Section B, Vol. 8, No. 1, 349-356, 1960. doi:10.1007/BF02920068
17. Celozzi, S., "New figures of merit for the characterization of the performance of shielding enclosures," IEEE Trans. Electromagn. Compat., Vol. 46, No. 1, 142, Feb. 2004. doi:10.1109/TEMC.2004.823627
18. Muchaidze, G., J. Koo, Q. Cai, T. Li, L. Han, A. Martwick, K. Wang, J. Min, J. L. Drewniak, and D. Pommerenke, "Susceptibility scanning as a failure analysis tool for system-level electrostatic discharge (ESD) problems," IEEE Trans. Electromagn. Compat., Vol. 50, No. 2, 268-276, 2008. doi:10.1109/TEMC.2008.921059
19. Cerri, G., R. De Leo, R. De Rentiis, and V. M. Primiani, "ESD field penetration through slots into shielded enclosures: A time domain approach," IEEE Trans. Electromagn. Compat., Vol. 39, No. 4, 377-386, 1997. doi:10.1109/15.649842
20. Yuan, Z., T. Li, J. He, and R. Zeng, "New mathematical descriptions of ESD current waveform based on the polynomial of pulse function," IEEE Trans. Electromagn. Compat., Vol. 48, No. 3, 589-591, 2006. doi:10.1109/TEMC.2006.877786