The integral transform method with the asymptotic extraction technique is formulated to evaluate a Sommerfeld type integral for the analysis microstrip dipole on a uniaxial substrate. The infinite double integral of the asymptotic part of the impedance matrix with triangular subdomain basis function with edge condition can be reduced to a finite one-dimensional integral. This finite onedimensional integral can be easily evaluated numerically after the singular part of the integral is treated analytically. It is demonstrated the efficiency and accuracy of the proposed method to evaluate the asymptotic part of impedance matrix.
2. Mosig, J. R. and T. K. Sarkar, "Comparison of quasi-static and exact eletromagnetic fields from a horizontal electric dipole above a lossy dielectric backed by an imperfect ground," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 34, 379-387, 1986.
3. Jackson, D. R. and N. G. Alexopoulos, "An asymptotic extraction technique for evaluating sommerfeld-type integrals," IEEE Trans. Antennas Progpagat., Vol. 34, 1467-1470, Dec. 1986.
4. Barkeshli, S., P. H. Pathak, and M. Martin, "An asymptotic closed-form microstrip surface Green’s function for the efficient moment method analysis of mutual coupling in microstrip antennas," IEEE Trans. Antennas Progpagat., Vol. 38, 1374-1383, Sept. 1990.
5. Chow, Y. L., J. J. Yang, D. H. Fang, and G. E. Howard, "Closedform spatial green’s function for the thick substrate," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 39, 588-592, Mar. 1991.
6. Aksun, M. I. and R. Mittra, "Derivation of closed-form Green’s functions for a general microstrip geometry," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 40, 2055-2062, Nov. 1992.
7. Park, S. O. and C. A. Balanis, "Analytical techniques to evaluate the asymptotic part of the impedance matrix of Sommerfeld-type integrals," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 45, 798-805, 1997.
8. Pozar, D. M., "Input impedance and mutual coupling of rectangular microstrip antennas," IEEE Trans. Antennas Progpagat., Vol. 30, 1191-1196, Nov. 1982.
9. Pozar, D. M., "Radiation and scattering from a microstrip patch on a uniaxial substrate," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 35, 613-621, June 1987.
10. Pozar, D. M., "Improved computational efficiency for the method of moments solution of printed dipoles and patch," Electromagnetics, Vol. 3, 299-309, 1983.
11. Tan, J. and S. O. Park, "Comparison on the computation times for evaluating the impedance matrix elements in ," A private Communication, Apr. 1996.
12. Pan, G. W. G., J. Tan, and J. D. Murphy, "Full-wave analysis of microstrip floating-line discontinuities," IEEE Trans. Electromag. Compatib., Vol. 36, 49-59, Feb. 1994.
13. Jansen, R. H., "A modified least-squares boundary residual (LSBR) method and its application to the problem of shielded microstrip dispersion," Arch. Elek. Ubertrang., Vol. 28, 275-277, 1974.
14. Schmidt, L.-P. and T. Itoh, "Characteristics of a generalized fin-line for millimeter wave integrated circuits," International J. Infrared Millimeter Waves, Vol. 2, 427-430, May 1981.
15. Meixner, J., "The behavior of electromagnetic field at edges," IEEE Trans. Antennas Progpagat., Vol. 20, 442-446, July 1972.
16. Gradshteyn, I. S. and I. M. Ryzhik, Table of Integrals, Series, and Products, Academic Press, New York, 1980.
17. Abramowitz, M. and I. A. Stegun, Handbook of Mathematical Functions, Dover Publications, New York, 1972.
18. Arabi, T. R., A. T. Murphy, T. K. Sarkar, R. F. Harrington, and A. R. Djordjevic, "Analysis of arbitrarily oriented microstrip lines utilizing a quasi-dynamic approach," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 39, 75-82, Jan. 1991.
19. Marin, M., S. Barkeshli, and P. H. Pathak, "Efficient analysis of planar microstrip geometries using a closed-form asymptotic representation of the grounded dielectric slab green’s function," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 37, 669-679, Apr. 1989.