The dispersion relation and the wave polarisation coefficients of the electromagnetic waves in the ionospheric plasma have been obtained by considering the magnetic declination. If the magnetic declination is taken into account, the polarisation coefficients have real and imaginary parts. It is pointed out that the peculiarity of the real parts of the wave polarisation coefficients become more obvious in the vicinity of the frequency ω(= ωpe + ωpi) in the ionospheric plasma, while has no effect on the imaginary parts. This result is different from as in the absence of the magnetic declination.
1. Zhang, D. Y. and K. D. Code, "Some aspects of ULF electromagnetic wave relations in a stratified ionosphere by the method of boundary value problem," J. Atmos. and Solar-Terr. Phys., Vol. 56, 681-690, 1994. doi:10.1016/0021-9169(94)90107-4
2. Hagfors, T., "Electromagnetic wave propagation in a fieldaligned- striated cold magnetoplasma with application to the ionosphere," J. Atmos. and Solar-Terr. Phys., Vol. 46, 211-216, 1984. doi:10.1016/0021-9169(84)90148-X
3. Lunborg, B. and B. Thide, "Standing wave pattern of HF radio waves in the ionospheric reflection region 2. Applications," Radio Science, Vol. 21, 486-500, 1986. doi:10.1029/RS021i003p00486
4. Budden, K. G. and D. Jons, "Theory of wave polarisation of radio waves in magnetospheric cavities," Proc. R. Soc. Lond. A, Vol. 412, 25-44, 1987. doi:10.1098/rspa.1987.0078
5. Zhang, D. Y., "A new method of calculating the transmission and reflection coefficients and fields in a magnetized plasma layer," Radio Science, Vol. 26, 1415-1418, 1991. doi:10.1029/90RS02330