1. Bhartia, P., L. Shafai, and M. Hamid, "Scattering by an imperfectly conducting conductor with a radially inhomogeneous dielectric coating," Int. J. Electron., Vol. 31, 531-535, 1971.
2. Kishk, A. A., R. P. Parrikar, and A. Z. Elsherbeni, "Electromagnetic scattering from an eccentric multilayered circular cylinder," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 40, No. 3, 295-303, 1992.
3. Elsherbeni, A. Z. and M. Hamid, "Scattering by a cylindrical dielectric shell with inhomogeneous permittivity profile," Int. J. Electronics, Vol. 58, No. 6, 949-962, 1985.
4. Elsherbeni, A. Z. and M. Hamid, "Scattering by a cylindrical dielectric shell with radial and azimuthal permittivity profiles," Proc. 1985 Symp. of Microwave Technology in Industrial Development, (Invited), 77–80, Brazil, July 22–25, 1985.
5. Elsherbeni, A. Z. and M. Tew, "Electromagnetic scattering from a circular cylinder of homogeneous dielectric coated by a dielectric shell with a permittivity profile in the radial and azimuthal directions-even TM case," IEEE Proceedings-1990 Southeastcon, Session 11A1, 996–1000, 1990.
6. Jarem, J. M., "Rigorous coupled wave theory solution of phi-periodic circular cylindrical dielectric systems," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 11, 197-213, 1997.
7. Jarem, J. M., "Rigorous coupled wave theory of anisotropic, azimuthally-inhomogeneous, cylindrical systems," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 19, Chap. 4, 109–127, 1998.
8. Jarem, J. M. and P. P. Banerjee, "Bioelectromagnetics: A rigorous coupled wave analysis of cylindrical biological tissue," Proceedings of the International Conference on Mathematics and Engineering Techniques in Medicine and Biological Sciences, (METMBS 00), F. Valatar (Ed.), 467–472, Vol. II, Las Vegas, Nev., June 26–29, 2000.
9. Moharam, M. G. and T. K. Gaylord, "Rigorous coupled-wave analysis of planar grating diffraction," J. Opt. Soc. Amer., Vol. 71, 811-818, 1981.
10. Moharam, M. G. and T. K. Gaylord, "Diffraction analysis of dielectric surface-relief gratings," J. Opt. Soc. Amer., Vol. 72, 1385-1392, 1982.
11. Rokushima, K. and J. Yamakita, "Analysis of anisotropic dielectric gratings," J. Opt. Soc. Amer., Vol. 73, 901-908, 1983.
12. Moharam, M. G. and T. K. Gaylord, "Three-dimensional vector coupled-wave analysis of planar-grating diffraction," J. Opt. Soc. Amer., Vol. 73, 1105-1112, 1983.
13. Glytsis, E. N. and T. K. Gaylord, "Rigorous three-dimensional coupled-wave diffraction analysis of single cascaded anisotropic gratings," J. Opt. Soc. Amer. B, Vol. 4, 2061-2080, 1987.
14. Jarem, J. M. and P. Banerjee, "An exact, dynamical analysis of the Kukhtarev equations in photoretractive barium titanate using rigorous wave coupled wave diffraction theory," J. Opt. Soc. Amer. A, Vol. 13, No. 4, 819-831, April 1996.
15. Jarem, J. M., "A rigorous coupled-wave theory and crosseddiffraction grating analysis of radiation and scattering from threedimensional inhomogeneous objects," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 5, No. 46, 740-741, May 1998.
16. Jarem, J. M., "Rigorous coupled-wave-theory analysis of dipole scattering from a three-dimensional, inhomogeneous, spherical dielectric and permeable system," IEEE Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 45, No. 8, 1193-1203, Aug. 1997.
17. Jarem, J. M. and P. P. Banerjee, Computational Methods for Electromagnetic and Optical Systems, Marcel Dekker, Inc., 2000.
18. Bowman, J. J., T. B. Senior, and P. L. E. Uslenghi, Electromagnetic and Acoustic Scattering by Simple Shapes, Chap. 3. “The Elliptic Cylinder”, 129–180, Hemisphere Publishing Corp., New York, N.Y., revised printing, 1987.
19. Sebak, A. R., "Scattering from Dielectric-Coated Impedance elliptic cylinder," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 48, No. 10, 1574-1580, Oct. 2000.
20. Abramowitz, M. and I. Stegum, Handbook of Mathematical Functions, Chap. 20, “Mathieu Functions”, Dover publications, New York, N.Y., 1972.
21. Zhang, S. and J. Jin, "FORTRAN routines for computation of special functions,", Programs: “MTU12,MTU0,FCOEF,CVF,CVA2” at Web Site http://irislee3.ece.uiuc.edu/˜jjin/routines/routines.html, Mar. 8, 01. (Programs associated with the book Computation of Special Functions, John Wiley and Sons. Inc.).