The T-matrix method is used to model semicircular channels filled with chiral materials in a conducting plane. The coupling of both TM and TE polarizations is represented explicitly. Addition theorems in half space are derived and used to take account of the multiple scattering of parallel channels. The boundary conditions are checked for chiral channels to verify the algorithm proposed. Co- and cross-polarization effects of chiral materials are investigated by varying several physical and geometrical parameters of the parallel channels.
1. Sachdeva, B. K. and R. K. Hurd, "Scattering by a dielectric-loaded trough in a conducting plane," J. Appl. Phys., Vol. 48, No. 4, 1473-1476, 1977. doi:10.1063/1.323863
2. Senior, T. B. A. and J. L. Volakis, "Scattering from gaps and cracks," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 37, 744-750, 1989. doi:10.1109/8.29361
3. Hinders, M. K. and A. D. Yaghjian, "Dual-series solution to scattering from a semicircular channel in a ground plane," IEEE Microwave and Guided Waves Lett., Vol. 1, No. 9, 1991.
4. Park, T. J., H. J. Eom, Y. Yamaguchi, W.-M. Boerner, and S. Kozaki, "TE plane wave scattering from a dielectric-loaded semi-circular trough in a conducting plane," J. Electromagn. Waves Applicat., Vol. 7, No. 2, 234-245, 1993.
5. Ragheb, H. A., "Electromagnetic scattering from a coaxial dielectric circular cylinder loading a semicircular gap in a ground plane," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 43, No. 6, 1303-1309, 1995. doi:10.1109/22.390187
6. Byun, W. J., J. W. Yu, and N. H. Myung, "TM scattering from hollow and dielectric-filled semielliptic channels with arbitrary eccentricity in a perfectly conducting plane," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 46, No. 9, 1336-1339, 1998. doi:10.1109/22.709487
7. Tyzhnenko, A. G., "Two-dimensional TE-plane wave scattering by a dielectric-loaded semicircular trough in a ground plane," Electromagnetics, Vol. 24, 357-368, 2004. doi:10.1080/02726340490458042
8. Yu, J. W., W. J. Byun, and N. H. Myung, "Multiple scattering from two dielectric-filled semi-circular channels in a conducting plane: TM case," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 50, No. 9, 1250-1253, 2002. doi:10.1109/TAP.2002.801272
9. Zhang, Y. J., A. Bauer, and E. P. Li, "A novel coupled T-matrix and microwave network approach for multiple scattering from parallel semicircular channels with eccentric cylindrical inclusions," Accepted by Progress in Electromagnetics Research..
10. Uslenghi, P. L. E., "Exact penetration, radiation, and scattering for a slotted semielliptical channel filled with isorefractive material," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 52, 1473-1480, 2004. doi:10.1109/TAP.2004.829848
11. Lindell, I. V., A. H. Sihvola, S. A. Tretyakov, and A. J. Viitanen, Electromagnetic Waves in Chiral and Bi-isotropic Media, Artech, Norwood, MA, 1994.
12. Kluskens, M. S. and E. H. Newman, "Scattering by a multilayer chiral cylinder," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 39, No. 1, 91-96, 1991. doi:10.1109/8.64441
13. Elsherbeni, A. Z., H. A. Sharkawy, and S. F. Mahmoud, "Electromagnetic scattering from a 2-D chiral strip simulated by circular cylinders for uniform and nonuniform chirality distribution," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 52, No. 9, 2244-2252, 2004. doi:10.1109/TAP.2004.834129