In the present paper a simple model has been given to simulate the signal propagation through two cross orthogonal microstrip lines in two different layers of the PCB board. First the structure has been analyzed using full wave software like HFSS, then a simple and suitable lumped equivalent circuit is proposed for the cross talk region and its parameters are obtained. Finally the sparameters of this equivalent circuit compared with the results of full wave simulations. The results show good agreement up to some GHz.
1. Zhengorgr, T., F. Charles, and B. Peter, "Design of multilayer microwave coupled-line structures using thick-film technology," University of Surrey Guildford..
2. Matsanaga, M., M. Katayama, and K. Yasumoto, "Coupled mode analysis of line parameters of coupled microstrip lines," Progress in Electromagnetic Research, Vol. 24, 1-17, 1999. doi:10.2528/PIER99032902
3. Heer and C. Love, "Exact inductance equation for conductors with application to non-complicated geometries," J. Research National Barew of Standards-C, 127-137, 1965.
4. Khalaj Amirhosseini, M. and A. Cheldavi, "Optimum design of microstrip RF interconnections," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 18, No. 12, 1707-1715, 2004. doi:10.1163/1569393042955207
5. Khalaj Amirhosseini, M. and A. Cheldavi, "Efficient interconnect design using grounded lines," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 17, No. 9, 1289-1300, 2003. doi:10.1163/156939303322520034
6. Edwards, T., Foundation for Microstrip Design, Engalco, Knaresborough, UK, 1991.
7. Pozar, D. M., Microwave Engineering..
8. John, P., E. George, D. Edan, B. Andrew, and M. Manson, "Cross talk between finite ground coplanar waveguides over polyimide layers for 3-D MMICs on Si substrates.'' IEEE Trans. on Microwave," IEEE Trans. on Micr, Vol. 52, No. 4, 3, 2004. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2004.827959
9. Owens, D., "Accurate analytical determination of quasi-statis microstrip line parameters," The Radio and Electronic Engineer, Vol. 46, No. 7, 360-364, 1976.