In this paper the analysis of radiation from known current distributions placed on a dielectric coated elliptic conducting cylinder has been effected. The analysis is carried out considering the expansion of the field as a series of Mathieu functions. The presence of the current is taken into account in the boundary conditions at the air-dielectric interface. The behavior of the radiated field as a function of the minor over ma jor axis ratio of the elliptic conducting cylinder has been investigated and discussed.
1. Nakatani, A. and N. G. Alexopulos, "Microstrip elements on cylindrical substrates general algorithm and numerical results," Electromagnetics, Vol. 9, 405-426, 1989.
2. Habashy, T. M., S. M. Ali, and J. A. Kong, "Input impedance and radiation pattern of cylindrical-rectangular and wraparound microstrip antennas," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 38, 722-730, 1990. doi:10.1109/8.53500
3. Pathak, P. H., N. Wang, W. D. Brunside, and R. G. Kouyoumijan, "A uniform GTD solution for the radiation from sources on a convex surface," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 29, 609-622, 1981. doi:10.1109/TAP.1981.1142636
4. Jha, R. M. and W. Wiesbeck, "The geodesic constant method: a novel approach to analytical surface-ray tracing on convex conducting bodies," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag. Magazine, Vol. 37, No. 2, 1995.
5. Pathak, P. H. and N. Wang, "Ray analysis of mutual coupling between antennas on convex surfaces," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 29, 911-920, 1981. doi:10.1109/TAP.1981.1142682
6. Wu, C. W., L. C. Kempel, and E. J. Rothwell, "Hybrid finite element boundary integral method for cavity recessed in an elliptic cylinder," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 51, No. 8, 1829-1836, 2003. doi:10.1109/TAP.2003.812260
7. Wu, C. W., L. C. Kempel, and E. J. Rothwell, "Mutual coupling between patch antennas recessed in an elliptic cylinder," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 51, No. 9, 2489-2492, 2003. doi:10.1109/TAP.2003.816334
8. Blondeel-Fournier, M. A., W. Tabbara, and L. Beaulieu, "Antennas on dielectric coated covex surfaces: theory and experimentation," ACES Journal, Vol. 1, No. 1, 96-111, 1991.
9. Amendola, G., "Analysis of the rectangular patch antenna printed on elliptic-cylindrical substrates," IEE Proc.-Microw. Antennas Propag., Vol. 147, 187-194, 2000. doi:10.1049/ip-map:20000432
10. Richmond, J. H., "Scattering by a conducting elliptic cylinder with dielectric coating," Radio Science, Vol. 23, 1061-1066, 1988.
11. Ragheb, H. A., A. Sebak, and L. Shafai, "Radiation by axial slots on a dielectric-coated nonconfocal conducting elliptic cylinder," IEE Proc.-Microw. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 143, 124-130, 1996. doi:10.1049/ip-map:19960246
12. Sebak, A., "Scattering from dielectric-coated impedance elliptic cylinder," IEEE Trans. Ant. Propag., Vol. 48, 1574-1580, 2000. doi:10.1109/8.899674
13. Perlmutter, P., S. Shtrikman, and D. Treves, "Electric surface current model for the analysis of microstrip antenna with application to rectangular elements," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 33, No. 3, 301-311, 1985. doi:10.1109/TAP.1985.1143581
14. Meixner, J. and F. W. Schafke, Mathieusche Funktionen und Spharoidfunktionen, Springer Verlag, Berlin, 1954.
15. Stratton, J. A., Electromagnetic Theory, Mc-Graw Hill, New York, 1941.