In the present paper a simple model has been given to simulate the signal propagation through cross orthogonal coupled strip lines in multilayer PCB board. First the structure has been analyzed using a full wave software (such as microwave office) then a simple and suitable lumped equivalent circuit is proposed for the coupled cross talk region. The values of the lumped equivalent circuit are then obtained using a simple method. These values are then optimized to fit the S-parameters obtained using full wave analysis. Finally the s-parameters of this equivalent circuit compared with the results of full wave simulations. The results show good agreement up to some GHz.
"A Simple Model for the Orthogonal Coupled Strip Lines in Multilayer PCB: (Quasi-TEM Approach)," ,
Vol. 59, 39-50, 2006. doi:10.2528/PIER05083101
1. Hashemi-Nasab, M. and A. Cheldavi, "Coupling model for the two orthogonal microstrip lines in two layer PCB board (Quasi-TEM approach)," To be published in Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications..
2. Zhengorgr, T., F. Charles, and B. Peter, "Design of multilayer microwave coupled-line structures using thick-film technology," University of Surrey Guildford..
3. Matsanaga, M., M. Katayama, and K. Yasumoto, "Coupled mode analysis of line parameters of coupled microstrip lines," Progress in Electromagnetic Research, Vol. 24, 1-17, 1999.
4. Heer and C. love, "Exact inductance equation for conductors with application to non-complicated geometries," J. Research National Bureau of Standards-C, 127-137, 1965.
5. Edwards, T., Foundation for Microstrip Design, Engalco, Knaresborough, UK, 1991.
6. Pozar, D. M., Microwave Engineering, Addison-Wesley Publishing Company, 1990.
7. John, P., E. George, D. Edan, B. Andrew, and M. Manson, "Cross talk between finite ground coplanar waveguides over polyimide layers for 3-D MMICs on Si substrates," IEEE Trans. on Microwave, Vol. 52, No. 4, 3, 2004. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2004.827959
8. Owens, D., "Accurate analytical determination of quasi-static microstrip line parameters," Radio and Electronic Engineer., Vol. 46, No. 7, 360-364, 1976.
9. Getsinger, W., "Microstrip dispersion model," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Techn., Vol. MTT-21, No. 1, 34-39, 1973. doi:10.1109/TMTT.1973.1127911
10. Owens, R. P., "Predicted frequency dependence of microstrip characteristic impedance using the planar waveguide model," Electron. Lett., Vol. 12, 269-270, 1976.
11. Balanis, C. A., Advanced Engineering Electromagnetics, John Wiley & Sons, 1989.
12. Veit, W., H. Diestel, and R. Pregla, "Coupling of crossed planar multiconductor systems," IEEE Trans. on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 30, No. 3, 1990.
13. Pan, G.-W., K. S. Olson, and B. K. Gilbert, "Frequency-domain solution for coupled striplines with crossing strips," IEEE Trans. on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 39, No. 6, 1991. doi:10.1109/22.81672