In the present paper a simple model has been given to simulate the signal propagation through cross orthogonal coupled strip lines in multilayer PCB board. First the structure has been analyzed using a full wave software (such as microwave office) then a simple and suitable lumped equivalent circuit is proposed for the coupled cross talk region. The values of the lumped equivalent circuit are then obtained using a simple method. These values are then optimized to fit the S-parameters obtained using full wave analysis. Finally the s-parameters of this equivalent circuit compared with the results of full wave simulations. The results show good agreement up to some GHz.
1. Hashemi-Nasab, M. and A. Cheldavi, "Coupling model for the two orthogonal microstrip lines in two layer PCB board (Quasi-TEM approach)," To be published in Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications..
2. Zhengorgr, T., F. Charles, and B. Peter, "Design of multilayer microwave coupled-line structures using thick-film technology," University of Surrey Guildford..
3. Matsanaga, M., M. Katayama, and K. Yasumoto, "Coupled mode analysis of line parameters of coupled microstrip lines," Progress in Electromagnetic Research, Vol. 24, 1-17, 1999.
4. Heer and C. love, "Exact inductance equation for conductors with application to non-complicated geometries," J. Research National Bureau of Standards-C, 127-137, 1965.
5. Edwards, T., Foundation for Microstrip Design, Engalco, Knaresborough, UK, 1991.
6. Pozar, D. M., Microwave Engineering, Addison-Wesley Publishing Company, 1990.
7. John, P., E. George, D. Edan, B. Andrew, and M. Manson, "Cross talk between finite ground coplanar waveguides over polyimide layers for 3-D MMICs on Si substrates," IEEE Trans. on Microwave, Vol. 52, No. 4, 3, 2004. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2004.827959
8. Owens, D., "Accurate analytical determination of quasi-static microstrip line parameters," Radio and Electronic Engineer., Vol. 46, No. 7, 360-364, 1976.
9. Getsinger, W., "Microstrip dispersion model," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Techn., Vol. MTT-21, No. 1, 34-39, 1973. doi:10.1109/TMTT.1973.1127911
10. Owens, R. P., "Predicted frequency dependence of microstrip characteristic impedance using the planar waveguide model," Electron. Lett., Vol. 12, 269-270, 1976.
11. Balanis, C. A., Advanced Engineering Electromagnetics, John Wiley & Sons, 1989.
12. Veit, W., H. Diestel, and R. Pregla, "Coupling of crossed planar multiconductor systems," IEEE Trans. on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 30, No. 3, 1990.
13. Pan, G.-W., K. S. Olson, and B. K. Gilbert, "Frequency-domain solution for coupled striplines with crossing strips," IEEE Trans. on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 39, No. 6, 1991. doi:10.1109/22.81672