In this article, we propose to apply the Gabor expansion to describe magnetic and electric currents given on a regular curved interface in dimension 2. From this description, we show that the computation of the current radiation can be performed by the introduction of a new kind of gaussian beams. We call them the conformal gaussian beams. Their analytic formulation is obtained using an asymptotic evaluation of the radiation integrals. Their properties are discussed and an application example is presented.
1. Sokoloff, J., S. Bolioli, and P. F. Combes, "Gaussian beam expansion for radiation analysis of metallic reflectors illuminated under oblique incidence," IEEE Trans. Mag., Vol. 38, 2002.
2. Pascal, O., F. Lemaitre, and G. Soum, "Paraxial approximation effect on a dielectric interface analysis," Ann. Télécom., Vol. 51, 1996.
3. Gabor, "D. Theory of communication," Journ. Inst. Elec. Ing., Vol. 93, 1946.
4. Eiziger, P. D., Y. Haramaty, and L. B. Felsen, "Complex rays for radiation from discretized aperture distribution," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 35, 1987.
5. Maciel, J. J. and L. B. Felsen, "Discretized Gabor-based beam algorithm for time harmonic radiation from two dimensional truncated planar aperture distributions I-Formulation and solution, II-Asymptotics and numerical tests," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 50, 2002.
6. Lugara, D. and C. Letrou, "Alternative to Gabor's representation of plane aperture radiation," Electronics Letters, Vol. 34, 1998. doi:10.1049/el:19981599
7. Chou, H. T., P. H. Pathak, and R. J. Burkholder, "Novel gaussian beam method for the rapid analysis of large reflector antennas," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., Vol. 49, 2001.
8. Schott, P., F. Lemaître, and O. Pascal, "Use of gaussian beams to compute antenna pattern," Ann. Télécom., Vol. 57, 2002.
9. Chabory, A., J. Sokoloff, S. Bolioli, and P. F. Combes, "Computa- tion of electromagnetic scattering by multilayer dielectric ob jects using Gaussian beam based techniques," C. R. Physique, 2005.
10. Daubechies, I., "Ten lectures on wavelets," CBMS-NSF regional conference series in applied mathematics, 1992.
11. Bastiaans, M., "On optimum oversampling in the Gabor scheme," International conference on acoustics, 1997.
12. Felsen, L. B. and N. Marcuvitz, Radiation and Scattering of Waves, Prentice Hall, 1973.
13. Lugara, D., C. Letrou, A. Shlivinski, E. Heyman, and A. Boag, "Frame gaussian beam summation method: theory and application," Radio Science, Vol. 38, No. 2, 2003. doi:10.1029/2001RS002593
14. Chabory, A., J. Sokoloff, S. Bolioli, and P. F. Combes, "Fast Multilayer radome computation with Gaussian beams," URSI 2004 Proceedings, 2004.