This paper presents the results of profile inversion of multi-frequency electromagnetic scattered field data, measured by the Institute Fresnel, Marseille, France, from cylindrical objects, both for TM and TE illuminations. The reconstructions are obtained by applying the Multiplicative Regularized Contrast Source Inversion (MR-CSI) method. The results show that the MR-CSI method successfully performs 'blind' inversion of a wide class of scattered field data. Further, we also show that by inverting both TM and TE data simultaneously, a more accurate reconstructed image can be obtained.
1. Habashy, T. M., M. L. Oristaglio, and A. T. de Hoop, "Simultaneous nonlinear reconstruction of two-dimensional permittivity and conductivity," Radio Science, Vol. 29, 1101-1118, 1994. doi:10.1029/93RS03448
2. Van den Berg, P. M. and R. E. Kleinman, "A contrast source inversion method," Inverse Problems, Vol. 13, 1607-1620, 1997. doi:10.1088/0266-5611/13/6/013
3. Van den Berg, P. M., A. L. van Broekhoven, and A. Abubakar, "Extended contrast source inversion," Inverse Problems, Vol. 15, 1325-1344, 1999. doi:10.1088/0266-5611/15/5/315
4. Belkebir, K. and M. Saillard, "Guest editors' introduction, special section: testing inversion algorithms against experimental data," Inverse Problems, Vol. 17, 1565-1571, 2001. doi:10.1088/0266-5611/17/6/301
5. Bloemenkamp, R. F., A. Abubakar, and P. M. van den Berg, "Inversion of experimental multi-frequency data using the contrast source inversion method," Inverse Problems, Vol. 17, 1611-1622, 2001. doi:10.1088/0266-5611/17/6/305
6. Abubakar, A., P. M. van den Berg, and J. J. Mallorqui, "Imaging of biomedical data using a multiplicative regularized contrast source inversion method," IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 50, 1761-1771, 2002. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2002.800427
7. Van den Berg, P. M., A. Abubakar, and J. T. Fokkema, "Multiplicative regularization for contrast profile inversion," Radio Science, Vol. 38, 1-10, 2003. doi:10.1029/2001RS002555