This paper studies the performance appraisal of radiation performance of ultra low sidelobe level Active Phased Array Antennas in presence of Multilayer Flat Sandwich Radome. Further, the effect of errors introduced due to amplitude/phase quantisation and planarity of the array surface, on the radiation performance has been studied. Based on these errors, manufacturing tolerances of the Flat Sandwich Radome have been suggested to control the deterioration of radiation performance within tolerable limits. This work is expected to be useful in development/manufacturing of radomes for Active Phased Array Radars and similar applications where ultra low sidelobe levels are required to be maintained.
"Performance Appraisal of Active Phased Array Antenna in Presence of a Multilayer Flat Sandwich Radome," ,
Vol. 66, 157-171, 2006. doi:10.2528/PIER06111203
1. Williams, F. C. and M. E. Radant, "Airborne radars and the three PRFs," Microwave Journal, 129-135, 1983.
8. Smith, M. S. and Y. C. Guo, "A comparison of methods for randomising phase quantisation errors in phased arrays," IEEE Trans Antennas and Propagat., 6-12, 1983.
9. Revankar, U. K., K. S. Beenamole, K. Sreenivasulu, and K. M. Veerabhadra, "Sidelobe minimisation in active phased arrays," IETE Tech. Review, 191-196, 2001.
10. Li, L.-W., L. Zhou, M. S. Leong, T.-S. Yeo, and P. S. Kooi, "An open-ended circular waveguide with an infinite conducting flange covered by a dielectric hemi-spherical radome shell: Fullwave analysis and Green dyadics," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 21, 221-245, 1999. doi:10.2528/PIER98080301
11. Li, L.-W. and W.-X. Zhang, "Electromagnetic scattering of a thin circular loop enclosed by a spherical chiral radome shell: A method of moments analysis," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 35, 141-163, 2002. doi:10.2528/PIER01051702
12. Nie, X.-C., N. Yuan, L.-W. Li, T.-S. Yeo, and Y.-B. Gan, "Fast analysis of electromagnetic transmission through arbitrary shaped airborne radomes using precorrected-FFT method," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 54, 37-59, 2005. doi:10.2528/PIER04100601
13. Revankar, U. K., A. Kedar, V. Saravana Kumar, and K. S. Beenamole, "Effect of thickness variation of flat sandwich radome on array pattern performance in S-band," Int. Radar Symp. India, 2005.