In this paper we propose a digital beamformer utilizing the radar integrator method of detection. In the receive mode the digitized radar returns weights are allocate on the such a way that the first pulse reflect a SUM pattern and the subsequent three pulses reflect DIFFERENCE pattern. The pulses on DIFFERENCE pattern are added to each other and the net signal subtracted from signal received in SUM pattern. This results in very narrow beam which shows narrow spatial resolution. The schematic is presented and the results are shown.
"A Novel Digital Beamformer with Low Angle Resolution for Vehicle
Tracking Radar," ,
Vol. 66, 229-237, 2006. doi:10.2528/PIER06112102
1. Fourikis, N., Advanced Array Systems, Applications and RF Technologies, Academic Press, San Diego, 2000.
2. Mills, B. Y., et al."The Sydney University cross type radio telescope," Proc. IREE, Vol. 24, No. 8, 156-165, 1963.
3. Fourikis, N., "The culgoora radioheliograph-7, the branching network," Proc. IREE, Vol. 28, No. 9, 1967.
4. Hall, P. S. and S. J. Vetterlien, "Integrated multiple beam microstrip arrays," Microwave J., Vol. 35, No. 1, 1992.
5. Steyskal, H. and J. Rose, "Digital beamforming for radar system," Microwave J., Vol. 32, No. 1, 1989.
6. Skolnik, M. I., Introduction to Radar Systems, Tata-McGraw Hill, 2004.
7. Lee, J. H. and H. T. Kim, "Radar target discrimination using transient response reconstruction," J. of Electromagnetic Wave and Application, Vol. 19, No. 5, 655-669, 2005. doi:10.1163/1569393053305062
8. Choi, I. S., D. K. Seo, J. K. Bang, H. T. Kim, and E. J. Rothwell, "Radar target recognition using one dimensional evolutionary programming based clean," J. of Electromagnetic Wave and Application, Vol. 17, 763-684, 2003. doi:10.1163/156939303322226464
9. Fabbro, V., P. F. Combes, and N. Guillet, "Apparent radar cross section of a large target illuminated by a surface wave above the sea," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 55, 41-60, 2005. doi:10.2528/PIER04050502
10. Seo, D.-K., K.-T. Kim, I.-S. Choi, and H.-T. Kim, "Wideangle radar target recognition with subclass concept," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 44, 231-248, 2004. doi:10.2528/PIER03060301
11. Hansen, V. G., "Performance of the analog moving window detector," IEEE Trans. AES, Vol. 6, No. 3, 173-179, 1970.
12. Harrington, J. V., "An analysis of the detection of repeated signals in noise by binary integration," IRE Trans IT, Vol. 1, 1-9, 1955.
13. Alfred, Q. M., T. Chakravarty, G. Singh, and S. K. Sanyal, "A delay-line cancellation method for clutter attenuation and elimination of blind speed," International J. of Infrared and Millimeter Wave, 2006.
14. Balanis, C. A., Antenna Theory â€” Analysis and Design, John Wiley & Sons, New York, 2004.