This paper proposes a computationally efficient method for a two-dimensional direction of arrival estimation of multiple narrowband sources. We apply the MUSIC method which requires eigenvalues decomposition to the cross spectral matrix. This paper will employ two L-shape arrays that showed better performances than the one L-shape and the parallel shape arrays. In spite of its computational complexity, simulation results verify that the proposed subspace technique gives much better performance than the propagator method.
4. Li, P., B. Yu, and J. Sun, "A new method for two-dimensional array signal processing in unknown noise environments," Signal Process., Vol. 47, No. 12, 319-327, 1995. doi:10.1016/0165-1684(95)00118-2
5. Wu, Y., G. Liao, and H. C. So, "A fast algorithm for 2-D direction-of-arrival estimation," Signal Processing, Vol. 83, No. 8, 1827-1831, 2003. doi:10.1016/S0165-1684(03)00118-X
6. Liu, T. and J. Mendel, "Azimuth and elevation direction finding using arbitrary array geometries," IEEE Trans. Signal Processing, Vol. 46, No. 7, 2061-2065, 1998. doi:10.1109/78.700985
7. Tayem, N. and H. M. Kwon, "Azimuth and elevation angle estimation with no failure and no eigen decomposition," Signal Process., Vol. 86, No. 5, 8-16, 2005.
8. Tayem, N. and H. M. Kwon, "L-shape-2-D arrival angle estimation with propagator method," IEEE Trans. Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 53.1622-1630, No. 5, 1622-1630, 2005. doi:10.1109/TAP.2005.846804
9. Schmidt, R. O., "Multiple emitter location and signal parameter estimation," IEEE Trans. Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 34, No. 3, 276-280, 1986. doi:10.1109/TAP.1986.1143830
10. Horn, R. A. and C. R. Johnson, Matrix Analysis, Cambridge, University Press, 1989.
11. Johnson, D. H. and D. E. Dudgeon, Array Signal Processing, Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, 1993.
12. Belkebir, K., A. Baussard, and D. Premel, "Edge-preserving regularization scheme applied to modified gradient method to reconstruct two-dimensional targets from data laboratory controlled," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 54, 1-17, 2005. doi:10.2528/PIER04073003
13. Spencer, N. K., Nonlinear signal processing and nonuniform linear antenna array design for DOA estimation of coherent sources, Proc. NSIP-99, 849-853, 1999.
14. Abramovich, Y. I. and N. K. Spencer, Nonuniform linear antenna array design and signal processing for DOA estimation of Gaussian sources, Proc. DASP-99, 1-6, 1999.
15. Lee, K.-C., "Frequency-domain analyses of nonlinearly loaded antenna arrays using simulated annealing algorithms," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 53, 271-281, 2005. doi:10.2528/PIER04101501
16. SjÃ¶berg, D., "Coherent effects in single scattering and random errors in antenna technology," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 50, 13-39, 2005. doi:10.2528/PIER04050401
17. Selvan, K. T., "A modified three-antenna gain measurement method to simplify uncertainty estimation," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 57, 197-208, 2006. doi:10.2528/PIER05072602