By means of evaluating impedance of a slot by spectral domain analysis, the radius of the equivalent cylindrical dipole is found in terms of slot parameters. The analysis proceeds from the integral equation for the surface current density induced on a planar strip. Explicit expressions for real and imaginary parts of impedances are derived in visible and invisible regions respectively.
1. Oliner, A. A., "The impedance properties of narrow radiating slots in the broad face of rectangular waveguides, Pt. 1 — Theory, Pt. 2 — Comparison with measurements," IRE Trans. AP-5, Vol. 1, 12-20, 1957.
2. Das, B. N. and G. S. Sanyal, Network parameters of a waveguide broadwall slot radiator, Proc. IEE, Vol. 117, No. 1, 41-44, 1970.
3. Gupta, S. and B. N. Das, "Evaluation of network parameters of broad wall slot radiators using variational formulation," Journal of the IETE, Vol. 42, No. 6, 351-356, 1996.
4. Josefsson, L. G., "Analysis of longitudinal slots in rectangular waveguides," IEEE Trans. on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. AP-35, No. 12, 1351-1357, 1987. doi:10.1109/TAP.1987.1144042
6. Das, B. N., "Admittance of rectangular apertures," J. I. E. T. E., Vol. 22, No. 3, 133-137, 1976.
7. Rhodes, D. R., On a fundamental principle in the theory of planar antennas, Proc. IEEE, Vol. 52, No. 9, 1013-1021, 1964.
8. Rhodes, D. R., "On the stored energy of planar apertures," IEEE Trans., Vol. AP-14, No. 6, 676-683, 1966.
9. Kraus, J. D., Antennas, 638-642, 2nd edition, 638-642, McGraw Hill Book Company, 1988.
10. Hallen, E., Electromagnetic Theory, John Wiley, New York, 1962.
11. King, R. W. P., The Theoryof Linear Antennas, 147, Harvard University Press, Cambridge, MA, 1956.
12. Jordan, E. C. and K. G. Balmain, Electromagnetic Waves and Radiating Systems, 540-548, SE Printice-Hall of India, 1993.
13. Warne, L. K. and K. C. Chen, "Equivalent antenna radius for narrow slot apertures having depth," IEEE Trans. AP, Vol. 37, No. 7, 1989.
14. Jia, H., K. Yoshitomi, and K. Yasumoto, "Rigorous and fast convergent analysis of a rectangular waveguide coupler slotted in common wall," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 46, 245-264, 2004. doi:10.2528/PIER03100102
15. Nesterenko, M. V. and V. A. Katrich, "The asymptotic solution of an integral equation for magnetic current in a problem of waveguide coupling through narrow slots," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 57, 101-129, 2006. doi:10.2528/PIER05060902
16. Mazzarella, G. and G. Montisci, "Wideband equivalent circuit of a centered-inclined waveguide slot coupler," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 14, 133-151, 2000.
17. Pandharipande, V. M. and B. N. Das, "Coupling of waveguides through large apertures," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theoryand Tech., Vol. MTT-26, 209-212, 1978. doi:10.1109/TMTT.1978.1129346
18. Das, B. N., A. Gayen, and A. K. Tiwari, "Analysis of crossed waveguide inclined slot-coupled junction," IETE Journal of Research, Vol. 50, No. 2, 117-124, 2004.
19. Saadatmandi, A., M. Razzaghi, and M. Dehghan, "Sinccollocation methods for the solution of Hallen's integral equation," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 19, No. 2, 245-256, 2005. doi:10.1163/1569393054497258
20. Fikioris, G. and C. A. Valagiannopoulos, "Input impedances arising from explicit solutions to integral equations for infinite length dipole antennas," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 55, 285-306, 2005. doi:10.2528/PIER05031701
21. Park, J. K., J. N. Lee, D. H. Shin, and H. J. Eom, "A full-wave analysis of a co-axial waveguide slot bridge using Fourier transform technique," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 2, 143-158, 2006. doi:10.1163/156939306775777198