A novel hybrid method combining 3D Parallel Finite- Difference Time-Domain (FDTD) method with Windowing technique through a new Controlling factor to study the Shielding Effectiveness (SE) of metallic cavities with apertures is firstly presented in this paper. The simulating time when the sampling electric field in cavity converges can be reduced greatly by the MPI-based Parallel FDTD method with the optimum virtual topology for the scattering problem. And then the sampling electric field in cavity is dealt with Windowing technique,whic h can further reduce the total time steps that Parallel FDTD method needs. The numerical results show that combination of Parallel FDTD with Windowing technique can enhance the simulating efficiency greatly. Finally,the SE of metallic cavities with different configurations is studied by the hybrid method and some useful conclusions to the practical electromagnetic shielding problems are obtained.
"Study on Shielding Effectiveness of Metallic Cavities with Apertures by Combining Parallel FDTD Method with Windowing Technique," Progress In Electromagnetics Research,
Vol. 74, 85-112, 2007. doi:10.2528/PIER07041905
1. Mendez, H. A., "Shielding theory of enclosures with apertures," IEEE Trans. on EMC, Vol. 20, No. 3, 296-305, 1978.
2. Hill, D. A., et al. "Ap erture excitation of electrically large,lossy cavities," IEEE Trans. on EMC, Vol. 36, No. 3, 169-177, 1994.
3. Robinson, M. P., et al. "Analytical formulation for the shielding effectiveness of enclosures with apertures," IEEE Trans. on EMC, Vol. 40, No. 3, 240-248, 1998.
4. Chen, H. Y., et al. "NEMP fields inside a metallic enclosure with an aperture in one wall," IEEE Trans. on EMC, Vol. 37, No. 3, 99-105, 1995.
5. Ma, S. and Y. Gao, "Analysis of enclosure with an aperture using FDTD method," 3rd International Symposium on EMC, 242-245, 2002.
6. Zhang, Y., W. Ding, and C. H. Liang, "Study on the optimum virtual topology for MPI based parallel conformal FDTD algorithm on PC clusters," J. of Electromagn. Waves and Appl., Vol. 19, No. 13, 1817-1831, 2005. doi:10.1163/156939305775696856
7. Georgakopoulos, S. V., et al. "HIRF penetration through apertures: FDTD versus measurements," IEEE Trans. on EMC, Vol. 43, No. 3, 282-294, 2001.
8. Siah, E. S., K. Sertel, and J. L. Volakis, "Coupling studies and shielding techniques for electromagnetic penetration through apertures on complex cavities and vehicular platforms," IEEE Trans. on EMC, Vol. 45, No. 2, 245-256, 2003.