A compact dual-band bandpass filter using equal-length split-ring resonators (SRRs) is proposed in this paper. The tworesonance frequency response of equal-length split-ring resonator is described in detail. A cross-coupled dual-band filter with four equallength split-ring resonators is designed. Several finite out-of-band attenuation poles are realized to improve the selectivity of the proposed filter. The measurement of the filter is in good agreement with the simulation.
1. Liu, W. C., "Optimal design of dualband CPW-FED Gshaped monopole antenna for WLAN application," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 74, 21-38, 2007. doi:10.2528/PIER07041401
2. Han, S., X.-L. Wang, and Y. Fan, "Analysis and design of multiple-band bandstop filters," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 70, 297-306, 2007. doi:10.2528/PIER07020903
3. Wu, B., B. Li, T. Su, and C.-H. Liang, "Equivalent-circuit analysis and lowpass filter design of split-ring resonator DGS," J. of Electrom. Waves and Appl., Vol. 20, No. 14, 1943-1953, 2006. doi:10.1163/156939306779322765
4. Gao, S., L.-W. Li, and A. Sambell, "FDTD Analysis of a dual-frequency microstrip patch antenna," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 54, 155-178, 2005. doi:10.2528/PIER04120102
5. Miyake, H., S. Kitazawa, T. Ishizaki, T. Yamada, and Y. Nagatom, "A miniaturized monolithic dual band filter using ceramic lamination technique for dual mode portable telephones," IEEE MTT-S Int. Dig., Vol. 2, No. 6, 789-792, 1997.
6. Quendo, C., E. Rius, and C. Person, "An original topology of dual-band filter with transmission zeros," IEEE MTT-S Int. Dig., Vol. 2, No. 6, 1093-1096, 2003.
7. Tsai, L. C. and C. W. Hsue, "Dual-band bandpass filters using equal-length coupled-serial-shunted lines and Z-transform technique," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., Vol. 52, No. 4, 1111-1117, 2004. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2004.825680
8. Kuo, J. T. and H. S. Cheng, "Design of quasi-elliptic function filters with a dual-passband response," IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 14, No. 10, 472-474, 2004. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2004.834560
9. Dai, X.-W., C.-H. Liang, B.Wu, and J.-W. Fan, "Novel dual-band bandpass filter design using microstrip open-loop resonators," J. of Electrom. Waves and Appl..
10. Garcia-Lamperez, A. and M. Salazar-Palmat, Dual band filter with split-ring resonators, Microwave Symposium Digest, No. 6, 519-522, 2006.
11. Hong, J. S. and M. J. Lancaster, "Couplings of microstrip square open-loop resonators for cross-coupled planar microwave filters," IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech, Vol. 44, No. 11, 2099-2109, 1996. doi:10.1109/22.543968
12. Hong, J.-S. and M. J. Lancaster, Microstrip Filters for RF/Microwave Applications, Wiley, New York, 2001.
13. Marques, R., F. Mesa, J. Martel, and F. Medina, "Comparative analysis of edge-and broadside-coupled split ring resonators for metamaterial design-theory and experiments," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 51, No. 10, 2572-2581, 2003. doi:10.1109/TAP.2003.817562
14. Baena, J. D., J. Bonache, F. Martin, R. Marques Sillero, F. Falcone, T. Lopetegi, M. A. G. Laso, J. Garcia-Garcia, I. Gil, M. Flores Portillo, and M. Sorolla, "Equivalent-circuit models for split-ring resonators and complementary split-ring resonators coupled to planar transmission lines," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 53, No. 4, 1451-1461, 2005. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2005.845211
15. Xiao, J.-K. and LiY., "Novel compact microstrip square ring bandpass filters," J. of Electrom. Waves and Appl., Vol. 20, No. 13, 1817-1826, 2006. doi:10.1163/156939306779292156
16. Jin, L., C. Ruan, and L. Chun, "Design e-plane bandpass filter based on em-ann model," J. of Electrom. Waves and Appl., Vol. 20, No. 8, 1061-1069, 2006. doi:10.1163/156939306776930259
17. Xiao, J.-K., S.-P. Li, and Y. Li, "Novel planar bandpass filters using one single patch resonators with corner cuts," J. of Electrom. Waves and Appl., Vol. 20, No. 11, 1481-1493, 2006. doi:10.1163/156939306779274327