Besides the return loss and radiation pattern, dispersion characteristic of the antenna is one of the most important factors which should be considered in ultra wideband applications. In this paper, dispersion behavior of two specific Vivaldi antennas has been fully investigated in both frequency and time domains. All simulations are carried out by CST MS software. Moreover, by fabricating the antennas, the simulation results are verified by experimental data.
1. Atteia, G. E. and A. A. Shaalan, "Wideband partially-covered bowtie antenna for ground-penetrating-radars," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 71, 211-226, 2007. doi:10.2528/PIER07030101
2. Samaddar, S. N., and E. L. Mokole, "Biconical antennas with unequal cone angles," IEEE Trans. on Antennas and Propag., Vol. 46, No. 2, 1998.
3. Shlager, K. L., G. S. Smith, and J. G. Maloney, "Accurate analysis of TEM horn antennas for pulse radiation," IEEE Trans. Electromagn. Compat., Vol. 38, No. 3, 1996. doi:10.1109/15.536071
4. Hertel, T. W. and G. S. Smith, Analysis and design of conical spiral antennas using the FDTD method, Proc. of IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society Int. Symp., Vol. 3, 1540-1543, 2000.
5. Chen, X. and K. Huang, "Wideband properties of fractal dipoles," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 11, 1511-1518, 2006. doi:10.1163/156939306779274345
6. Joardar, S. and A. B. Bhattacharya, "Two new ultra wideband dual polarized antenna-feeds using planar log periodic indepen dent reflectors," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 11, 1465-1479, 2006. doi:10.1163/156939306779274318
7. Mehdipour, A., K. Mohammadpour-Aghdam, and R. Faraji-Dana, A new planar ultra-wideband antenna for UWB applications, Proc. of. IEEE Antenna and Propagation Symposium (APS2007), 5127-5130, 2007.
8. Gibson, P. J., The Vivaldi aerial, Proc. 9th European. Microwave Conference, 101-105, 1979.
9. Langley, J. D. S., P. S. Hall, and P. Newham, "Novel ultrawidebandwidth Vivaldi antenna with low cross-polarization," IEE Electronics Lett., Vol. 29, No. 23, 2004-2005, 1993. doi:10.1049/el:19931336
10. Gazit, E., Improved design of the Vivaldi antenna, IEE Proc., Vol. 135, No. 2, 89-92, 1988.
11. Licul, S., J. A. N. Noronha, W. A. Davis, D. G. Sweeney, C. R. Anderson, and T. M. Bielawa, A parametric study of timedomain characteristics of possible UWB antenna architectures, Proc. of IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC 2003), Vol. 5, 3110-3114, 2003.
12. Mohammadian, A. H., A. Rajkotia, and S. S. Soliman, Characterization of UWB transmit-receive antenna system, Proc. of Ultra Wideband Systems and Technologies, 157-161, 2003.
13. Fan, Z. G. and L. X. Ran, "Source pulse optimizations for UWB radio systems," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 11, 1535-1550, 2006. doi:10.1163/156939306779274309
14. Marrocco, G., M. Migliorelli, and M. Ciattaglia, "Simultaneous time-frequency modeling of ultra-wideband antennas by twodimensional hermite processing," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 68, 317-337, 2007. doi:10.2528/PIER06121901
15. Sheng, H., P. Orlik, A. M. Haimovich, L. J. Cimini, and J. Zhang, On the spectral and power requirements for ultra-wideband transmission, Proc. of IEEE Int. Conf. on Communications, Vol. 1, 738-742, 2003.
16. Allen, O. E., D. A. Hill, and A. R. Ondrejka, "Time-domain antenna characterizations," IEEE Trans. Electromagn. Compat., Vol. 35, 339-346, 1993. doi:10.1109/15.277308
17. Lamensdorf, D. and L. Susman, "Baseband-pulse-antenna techniques," IEEE Antennas Propag. Mag., Vol. 36, 20-30, 1994. doi:10.1109/74.262629