In this paper, Wave Concept Iterative Procedure (WCIP) is used to investigate scattering by multilayered cylindrical structures in free space and to calculate the diffracted far field by adopting a cylindrical coordinate formulation. The WCIP principle consists of alternating waves between the modal and space domains. Its iterative resolution process is always convergent in lossless media case. The proposed technique used for determining the electric far field diffracted by a multilayered cylindrical structure is validated and confronted to literature results.
1. Zhang, M., T. S. Yeo, L. W. Li, and M. S. Leong, "Electromagnetic scattering by a multilayer gyrotropic bianisotropic circular cylinder," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 40, 91-111, 2002. doi:10.2528/PIER02101001
2. Kolawole, M. O., "Scattering from dielectric cylinders having radially layered permittivity," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 6, 235-259, 1992.
3. Vecchia, D., L. Guerriero, I. Bruni, and P. Ferrazzoli, "Hollow cylinder microwave model for STEMS," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 3, 301-318, 2006. doi:10.1163/156939306775701795
4. Valagiannopoulos, C. A., "Arbitrary currents on circular cylinder with inhomogeneous cladding and RCS optimization," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 5, 665-680, 2007. doi:10.1163/156939307780667337
5. Zhong, X.-M., C. Liao, and W. Chen, "Image reconstruction of arbitrary cross section conducting cylinder using UWB pulse," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 1, 25-34, 2007. doi:10.1163/156939307779391786
6. Abd-El-Raouf, H. E. and R. Mittra, "Scatering analysis of dielectric coated cones," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 13, 1857-1871, 2007.
7. Yin, W. Y., L. W. Li, and M. S. Leong, "Scattering from multiple bianisotropic cylinders and their modeling of cylindrical objects of arbitrary cross-section," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 27, 159-184, 2000. doi:10.2528/PIER99091302
8. Oraizi, H. and A. Abdolali, "Ultra wide bande RCS optimization of multilayered cylindrical structures for arbitrarily incident plane wave," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 78, 129-157, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIER07090305
9. Anastassiu, H. T., "Error estimation of the method of auxiliary sources (MAS) for scattering from an impedance circular cylinder," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 52, 109-128, 2005. doi:10.2528/PIER04072101
10. Hill, S. C. and J. M. Jarem, "Scattering of multilayer concentric elliptical cylinders excited by single mode source," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 55, 209-226, 2005. doi:10.2528/PIER05040501
11. Baudrand, H. and D. Bajon, "Equivalent circuit representation for integral formulation of electromagnetic problems," Int. J. Numer., Model. Electron., 23-57, Netw. Devices Fields, 2002. doi:10.1002/jnm.430
12. Baudrand, H. and R. S. N’Gongo, "Application of wave concept iterative procedure," Recent Research Developments in Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 1, 187-197, Transworld Research Network, Kerala, India, 1999.
13. Akatimagool, S., D. Bajon, and H. Baudrand, "Analysis of multilayer integrated inductors with wave concept iterative procedure (WCIP)," IEEE MTT-S Proc. Int. Microw. Symp. Dig., Vol. 3, 1941-1944, 2001.
14. Wane, S., D. Bajon, and H. Baudrand, "Fullwave analysis of stacked structures including inhomogeneous layers. Hybrid integral-differential approach in terms of waves," Proc. New Trends and Concepts in Microwave Theory and Techniques Conf., 131-166, 2003.
15. Raveu, N., T. P. Vuong, I. Terrasse, G.-P. Piau, and H. Baudrand, "Near fields evaluated with the wave concept iterative procedure method for an E-polarisation plane wave scattered by cylindrical strips," Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, Vol. 38, No. 5, 403-406, 2003. doi:10.1002/mop.11074
16. Raveu, N., T. P. Vuong, I. Terrasse, G.-P. Piau, G. Fontgalland, and H. Baudrand, "Wave concept iterative procedure applied to cylinders," IEE Proc. - Microw. Antennas Propag., Vol. 151, No. 5, 2004.
17. Bedira, R., A. Gharsallah, A. Gharbi, and H. Baudrand, "An iterative process based on the concept of waves for electromagnetic scattering problems," Electromagnetics, Vol. 22, 129-140, 2002. doi:10.1080/027263402753455474
18. N’Gongo, R. S. and H. Baudrand, "Application of wave concept iterative procedure in planar circuits," Recent Res. Devel. Microwave Theory and Technique, Vol. 1, 187-197, 1999.
19. Ammar, N., T. Bdour, T. Aguili, and H. Baudrand, "Investigation of electromagnetic scattering by arbitrarily shaped structures using the wave concept iterative process," Journal of Microwaves, Optoelectronics and Electromagnetic Applications, Vol. 7, No. 1, 2008.
20. Tsai, C.-C. and S.-T. Wu, "A new single surface integral equation for light scattering by circular dielectric cylinders," Optics Communications, Vol. 277, 247-250, 2007. doi:10.1016/j.optcom.2007.05.030
21. Richmond, J. H., "Scattering by a dielectric cylinder of arbitrary cross-section shape," IEEE Trans. Antennas Propagat., Vol. 13, 334-341, 1965. doi:10.1109/TAP.1965.1138427
22. Li, C. and Z. Shen, "Electromagnetic scattering by a conducting cylinder coated with metamaterials," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 42, 91-105, 2003. doi:10.2528/PIER03012901