The imaging quality of tomography SAR is limited by the low number of flight tracks and their non-uniform distribution. In this paper, a new 3-D imaging algorithm is proposed for tomography SAR based on the improved interpolated array transform. The key point of the proposed algorithm is the introduction of the projection technique into the interpolated array transform, which can reduce the energy of the interference signal and improve the imaging quality. Performance analysis under different scenarios is carried out via the simulations. And the results demonstrate that the sidelobe performance can be significantly improved by the proposed algorithm.
1. Chan, Y. K. and V. C. Koo, "An introduction to synthetic aperture radar (SAR)," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 2, 27-60, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIERB07110101
2. Lim, S.-H., J.-H. Han, S.-Y. Kim, and N.-H. Myung, "Azimuth beam pattern synthesis for airborne SAR system optimization," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 106, 295-309, 2010. doi:10.2528/PIER10061901
3. Wei, S. J., X. L. Zhang, J. Shi, and G. Xiang, "Sparse reconstruction for SAR imaging based on compressed sensing," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 109, 63-81, 2010. doi:10.2528/PIER10080805
4. Tian, B., D.-Y. Zhu, and Z.-D. Zhu, "A novel moving target detection approach for dual-channel SAR system," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 115, 191-206, 2011.
5. Chang, Y.-L., C.-Y. Chiang, and K.-S. Chen, "SAR image simulation with application to target recognition," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 119, 35-57, 2011. doi:10.2528/PIER11061507
6. Zhang, M., Y. W. Zhao, H. Chen, and W. Q. Jiang, "SAR image simulation for composite model of ship on dynamic ocean scene," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 113, 395-412, 2011. doi:10.2528/PIER11071501
7. Wu, B.-I., M. C. Yeuing, Y. Hara, and J. A. Kong, "InSAR height inversion by using 3-D phase projection with multiple baselines," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 91, 173-193, 2009. doi:10.2528/PIER09020902
8. Li, C. and D.-Y. Zhu, "A residue-pairing algorithm for InSAR phase unwrapping," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 95, 341-354, 2009. doi:10.2528/PIER09070706
9. Liu, D., Y. Du, G. Sun, W.-Z. Yan, and B.-I. Wu, "Analysis of InSAR sensitivity to forest structure based on radar scattering model," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 84, 149-171, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIER08071802
10. Reigber, A. and A. Moreira, "First demonstration of airborne SAR tomography using multibaseline L-band data," IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, Vol. 38, No. 5, 2142-2150, 2000. doi:10.1109/36.868873
11. Lombardini, F. and A. Reigber, Adaptive spectral estimation for multibaseline SAR tomography with airborne L-band data, IEEE International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium 2003, 2014-2016, Toulouse, France, 2003.
12. Ren, X. Z., X. F. Yin, R. L. Yang, and W. D. Yu, A three-dimensional imaging algorithm for tomography SAR, IEEE International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium 2009, 184-187, Cape Town, South Africa, 2009.
13. Fornaro, G., F. Serafino, and F. Soldovieri, "Three-dimensional focusing with multipass SAR data," IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, Vol. 41, No. 3, 507-517, 2003. doi:10.1109/TGRS.2003.809934
14. Lombardini, F., M. Pardini, and F. Gini, Sector interpolation for 3D SAR imaging with baseline diversity data, IEEE 2007 Waveform Diversity and Design Conference, 297-301, Pisa, Italy, 2007.
15. Lombardini, F. and M. Pardini, "First experiment of sector interpolated SAR tomography," IEEE International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium 2010, 21-24, 2010. doi:10.1109/IGARSS.2010.5654011
16. Gini, F., F. Lombardini, and M. Montanari, "Layover solution in multibaseline SAR interferometry," IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, Vol. 38, No. 4, 1344-1356, 2002. doi:10.1109/TAES.2002.1145755
17. Martorella, M. and B. Litileton, "Multibaseline cross-track SAR interferometry using interpolated arrays," IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, Vol. 41, No. 4, 1472-1481, 2005.
18. Yang, P., F. Yang, Z.-P. Nie, B. Li, and X. Tang, "Robust adaptive beamformer using interpolation technique for conformal antenna array," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 23, 215-228, 2010. doi:10.2528/PIERB10061504
19. Yang, P., F. Yang, and Z.-P. Nie, "DOA estimation with sub-array divided technique and interpolated esprit algorithm on a cylindrical conformal array antenna," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 103, 201-216, 2010. doi:10.2528/PIER10011904