By introducing bistatic geometry to near range microwave imaging systems, this paper proposes a near range three dimensional (3D) bistatic imaging geometry based on planar scanning aperture and establishes corresponding echo model. Then, the paper deduces the 3D bistatic Omega-K imaging algorithm based on implicit spectral decomposition, in which the impacts of residual phase, including position displacement, range, azimuth and elevation defocusing, are analyzed and compensated. Finally, the 3D bistatic imaging geometry and algorithm are investigated and verified via numerical simulations and experiments using a near range imaging system.
"3D Bistatic Omega-k
Imaging Algorithm for Near Range Microwave Imaging Systems with Bistatic Planar Scanning Geometry," Progress In Electromagnetics Research,
Vol. 121, 409-431, 2011. doi:10.2528/PIER11090205
1. Tan, W. X., W. Hong, Y. P. Wang, and Y. R. Wu, "A novel spherical-wave three-dimensional imaging algorithm for microwave cylindrical scanning geometries," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 111, 43-70, 2011.
2. Fortuny, J., "Efficient algorithms for three-dimensional near-field synthetic aperture radar imaging," Ph.D. Thesis, University of Karslruhe, 2001.
3. Solimene, R., A. Brancaccio, R. D. Napoli, and R. Pierri, "3D sliced tomographic inverse scattering experimental results," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 105, 1-13, 2010.
4. Gemio, J., J. Parron, and J. Soler, "Human body effects on implantable antennas for ISM bands applications: Models comparison and propagation losses study," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 110, 437-452, 2010.
5. Sheen, D. M., D. L. McMakin, and T. E. Hall, "Near-field three-dimensional radar imaging techniques and applications," Applied Optics, Vol. 49, No. 19, 83-93, 2010.
6. Crocco, L., F. Soldovieri, T. Millington, and N. J. Cassidy, "Bistatic tomographic GPR imaging for incipient pipeline leakage evaluation ," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 101, 307-321, 2010.
7. Qiu, X. L., "Study on algorithms for bistatic SAR precise imaging," Ph.D. Thesis, Institute of Electronics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 2009 (in Chinese).
8. Li, X. F., Y. J. Xie, and R. Yang, "Bistatic RCS prediction for complex targets using modified current marching technique," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 93, 13-28, 2009.
9. Yan, H. H., Y. F. Wang, and H. F. Yu, "An imaging method of distributed small satellites bistatic SAR based on range distance compensation," J. Electron. Inf. Technol., Vol. 27, No. 5, 771-774, 2005.
10. Qiu, X. L., D. H. Hu, and C. B. Ding, "Focusing bistatic images use RDA based on hyperbolic approximating," CIE, 1323-1326, Shanghai, China, 2006.
11. Walterscheid, I., A. R. Brenner, and J. H. G. Ender, "Geometry and system aspects for a bistatic airborne SAR-experiment," EUSAR, 567-570, Ulm, Germany, 2004.
12. Qiu, X. L., D. H. Hu, and C. B. Ding, "An Omega-K algorithm with phase error compensation for bistatic SAR of a translational invariant case," IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, Vol. 46, 2224-2232, 2008.
13. Giroux, V., H. Cantalloube, and F. Daout, "An Omega-K algorithm for SAR bistatic systems," IGRASS 2005, 1060-1063, Seoul, Korea, 2005.
14. Sun, J. P., S. Y. Mao, G. H. Wang, and W. Hong, "Polar format algorithm for spotlight bistatic SAR with arbitrary geometry configuration," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 103, 323-338, 2010.
15. Tan, W. X., "Study on theory and algorithms for three-dimensional synthetic aperture radar imaging," Ph.D. Thesis, Institute of Electronics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 2009 (in Chinese).
16. Lopez-Sanchez, J. M. and J. Fortuny-Guasch, "3-D Radar imaging using range migration techniques," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 48, 728, 2000.
17. Leou, J. L. and H. J. Li, "Evaluation of bistatic far-field quantities from near-field measurements," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 25, 167-188, 2000.
18. Sun, J. P., S. Y. Mao, G. H. Wangm, and W. Hong, "Extended exact transfer function algorithm for bistatic SAR of translational invariant case," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 99, 69-108, 2009.