A rotationally symmetric short-circuited stub-loaded structure is proposed to design a microstrip-line bandpass filter with two transmission zeros near the lower and upper cut-off frequency edges of operating millimeter-wave bands. Furthermore, interdigital coupled-lines and additional resonators are integrated into the proposed rotationally symmetric bandpass filter to improve the out-of-band rejection. as design examples, the in-band and out-of-band performances of two filter prototypes using single layer microstrip-lines are designed and experimentally examined. the measured results show that the filter without any interdigital coupled-lines achieves a passband insertion loss of 0.97 dB at 40 GHz and out-of-band rejection of larger than 23 dB, while the filter with the interdigital coupled-lines realizes the suppressions in lower and upper-bands of, respectively, larger than 30 dB and 19 dB for the overall insertion loss of 2.1 dB at 40 GHz.
Sai Wai Wong,
"Rotationally Symmetric Coupled-Lines Bandpass Filter with Two Transmission Zeros," Progress In Electromagnetics Research,
Vol. 135, 641-656, 2013. doi:10.2528/PIER12112405
1. Zhu, L. , W. Menzel, and , "Compact microstrip bandpass filter with two transmission zeros using a stub-trapped half-wavelength line two transmission zeros using a stub-trapped half-wavelength line," IEEE Microwave Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 13, No. 1, 16-18, Jan. 2003.. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2002.807705
2. Gan, , H., , D. Lou, and D. Yang, , "Compact microstrip bandpass filter with sharp transition bands," IEEE Microwave Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 16, No. 3, 107-109, Mar. 2006. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2006.869869
3. Choi, , S.-U., , M.-S. Chung, and S.-W. Yun, , "Hairpin tunable bandpass filter with improved selectivity and tunability," Asia-Pacific Conf. Proceedings,, Vol. 10, 1-4, Dec. 2007.
4. Hsieh, L.-H. , K. Chang, and , "Tunable microstrip bandpass filters with two transmission zeros," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 51, No. 2, 520-525, Feb. 2003. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2002.807830
5. Yang, , M. H., , J. Xu, Q. Zhao, L. Peng, and G. P. Li, , "Compact broad-stopband lowpass filter using SIRs-loaded circular hairpin resonators," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 102, 95-106, 2010. doi:10.2528/PIER09120901
6. Kuo, J.-T., , C.-L. Hsu, and E. Shih, , "Compact planar quasic-elliptic function filter with inline stepped-impedance resonators," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 55, No. 8, 1747-1755, Aug. 2007. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2007.901604
7. Djaiz, , A. , T. A. Denidni, and , "A new compact microstrip two-layer bandpass ¯lter using aperture-coupled SIR-hairpin resonators with transmission zeros," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech.,, Vol. 54, No. 5, 1929-1936, 2006 2006. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2006.872797
8. Zhang, , J., , J.-Z. Gu, B. Cui, and X. W. Sun, , "Compact and harmonic suppression open-loop resonator bandpass filter with tri-section SIR," Progress In Electromagnetics Research,, Vol. 69, 93-100, 2007. doi:10.2528/PIER06120702
9. Ma, D.-C., , Z.-Y. Xiao, L.-L. Xiang, X.-H. Wu, C.-Y. Huang, and X. Kou, "Compact dual-band bandpass filter using folded SIR with two stubs for WLAN," Progress In Electromagnetics Research,, Vol. 117, 357-364, 2011.
10. Deng, , P.-H., , Y.-S. Lin, C.-H. Wang, and C. H. Chen, , "Compact microstrip bandpass fiters with good selectivity and stopband rejection," IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory Tech., Vol. 54, No. 2, 533-539, Feb. 2006. doi:10.1109/TMTT.2005.862709
11. Gomez-Garcia, , R, J. I. Alonso, and , "Design of sharp-rejection and low-loss wide-band planar filters using signal-interference techniques," IEEE Microwave Wireless Compon. Lett., Vol. 15, No. 8, 530-532, Aug. 2005.. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2005.852797
12. Zhu, Y.-Z., , Y.-J. Xie, and H. Feng, , "Novel microstrip bandpass filters with transmission zeros," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 77, 29-41, , 2007. doi:10.2528/PIER07072301