Nowadays low profile passive array planar antennas are being more and more used substituting traditional parabolic antennas in satellite communications. To achieve a good efficiency in printed arrays it is necessary to use a low losses network. A shielded suspended stripline is proposed in this paper. The main aim of this network is to distribute the power among subarrays in an array antenna with minimum losses. Several vertical transitions to subarrays are shown besides some network designs for square arrays at X band.
Jose Manuel Inclan-Alonso,
Jose-Manuel Fernandez Gonzalez,
"Low Losses Power Distribution Networks in Stripline Technology for Planar Array Antennas," Progress In Electromagnetics Research,
Vol. 143, 369-384, 2013. doi:10.2528/PIER13061107
1. Chen, X., "EM modeling of microstrip conductor losses including surface roughness effect," IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 17, No. 2, 94-96, Feb. 2007. doi:10.1109/LMWC.2006.890326
2. Horton, R., B. Easter, and A. Gopinath, "Variation of microstrip losses with thickness of strip," Electronics Letters, Vol. 7, No. 17, 490-491, 1971. doi:10.1049/el:19710332
3., "Reference earth-station radiation pattern for use in coordination and interference assessment in the frequency range from 2 to about 30 GHz," ITU-R Recommendations, S.465-5, 1993.
4. Fernandez Gonzalez, , J. M., P. Padilla, G. Exposito-Domnguez, and M. Sierra-Castaer, "Lightweight portable planar slot array antenna for satellite communications in X-band," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 10, 1409-1412, 2011. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2011.2178584
5. Slomian, I., I. Piekarz, K. Wincza, and S. Gruszczynski, "Microstrip antenna array with series feeding network designed with the use of slot-coupled three-way power divider," IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 11, 667-670, 2012. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2012.2204397
6. Lin, S., S. Yang, A. E. Fathy, and A. Elsherbini, "Development of a novel UWB Vivaldi antenna array using SIW technology," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 90, 369-384, 2009. doi:10.2528/PIER09020503
7. Schwab, W. and W. Menzel, "A suspended stripline to microstrip transition using multilayer techniques," 22nd European Microwave Conference, Vol. 2, 1181-1186, Sep. 1992. doi:10.1109/EUMA.1992.335864
8. Tetsuya, T., H. Takaharu, and J.-P. Hsu, "Analysis of stripline T-junction with rectangular cut based on eigenmode expansion method and Foster-type equivalent network," 2003 IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Symposium Digest, Vol. 2, 1111-1114, 2003.
9. Pozar, D. M., Microwave Engineering, John Wiley & Sons Inc., New York, 1998.
10. Garcia-Aguilar, A., J. M. Inclan-Alonso, L. Vigil-Herrero, J. M. Fernandez-Gonzalez, and M. Sierra-Perez, "Low-profile dual circularly polarized antenna array for satellite communications in the X band," Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 60, No. 5, 2276-2284, 2012. doi:10.1109/TAP.2012.2189729