The Blumlein transmission line (BTL) has broad applications in pulse modulation, microwave technology and pulsed power technology. In this paper, a new theoretical method for variable reflection and transmission of electromagnetic waves at the inductive port of transmission line is put forward, in order to analyze the wave reflection characteristics of BTL at the inductive port formed by a saturated magnetic switch. At the inductive port, the variable reflection and transmission mechanisms of the voltage waves traveling through the BTL are analyzed in detail, and the inductive effects on the square voltage pulse of load formed by the BTL are also studied. Simulation and experimental results both demonstrated the proposed new theoretical method which shows great value on high-power microwave technology, high-power pulse forming, pulse shaping and modulation.
1. Wang, W., P.-G. Liu, and Y.-J. Qin, "An unconditional stable 1D-FDTD method for modeling transmission lines based on precise split-step scheme," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 135, 245-260, 2013.
2. Fernandez-Prieto, A., J. Martel-Villagr, F. Medina, F. Mesa, S. Qian, J.-S. Hong, J. Naqui, and F. Martin, "Dual-band differential filter using broadband common-mode rejection artificial transmission line," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 139, 779-797, 2013.
3. Jiang, X., Y. Xia, J. Hu, F. Yin, C. Sun, and Z. Xiang, "Optimal design of MFL sensor for detecting broken steel strands in overhead power line," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 121, 301-315, 2011. doi:10.2528/PIER11072711
4. Deng, P.-H., J.-H. Guo, and W.-C. Kuo, "New Wilkinson power dividers based on compact stepped-impedance transmission lines and shunt open stubs," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 123, 407-426, 2012. doi:10.2528/PIER11111612
5. Wu, Y. and Y. Liu, "A coupled line band-stop filter with three section transmission line stubs and wide upper pass-band performance," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 119, 407-421, 2011. doi:10.2528/PIER11072003
6. Liu, Y., L. Tong, W. Zhu, Y. Tian, and B. Gao, "Impedance measurements of nonuniform transmission lines in time domain using an improved recursive multiple reflection computation method," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 117, 149-164, 2011.
7. Liu, L.-W., Y.-Y. Wei, J. Xu, Z.-G. Lu, H.-R. Yin, L.-N. Yue, H.-R. Gong, G. Zhao, Z. Duan, W.-X. Wang, and Y.-B. Gong, "A novel slotted helix slow-wave structure for millimeter-wave travelling-wave tube," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 135, 347-362, 2013.
8. Feng, T., Y. Li, H. Jiang, W. Li, F. Yang, X. Dong, and H. Chen, "Tunable single-negative metamaterials based on microstrip transmission line varactor diodes loading," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 120, 35-50, 2011.
9. Silapunt, R. and D. Torrungrueng, "Theoretical study microwave transistor amplifier design in the conjugately characteristic impedance transmission line (CCITL) system using a bilinear transformation approach," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 120, 309-326, 2011.
10. Mujumdar, M. D., J. Cheng, and A. Alphones, "Double periodic composite right/left handed transmission line based leaky wave antenna by singular perturbation method," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 132, 113-128, 2012.
11. Hegeler, F., M. W. McGeoch, J. D. Sethian, H. D. Sanders, S. C. Glidden, and M. C. Myers, "A durable gigawatt class solid state pulsed power system," IEEE Transactions on Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation, Vol. 18, No. 4, 1205-1213, 2011. doi:10.1109/TDEI.2011.5976117
12. Davanloo, F., C. B. Collins, and F. J. Agee, "High-power, repetitive-stacked Blumlein pulsers commutated by a single switching element," IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science, Vol. 26, No. 5, 1463-1475, 1998. doi:10.1109/27.736041
13. Cheng, X. B., J. L. Liu, and Y. Zhang, "Effect of a transition section between the Blumlein line and a load on the output voltage of gigawatt intense electron-beam accelerators," Physical Review Special Topics-accelerators and Beams, Vol. 12, 110401, 2009. doi:10.1103/PhysRevSTAB.12.110401
14. Cheng, X. B., J. L. Liu, and B. L. Qian, "Effect of the change in the load resistance on the high voltage pulse transformer of the intense electron-beam accelerators," Review of Scientific Instruments, Vol. 80, 115110, 2009. doi:10.1063/1.3263902
15. Zhang, Y., J. L. Liu, and S. W. Wang, "Effects of dielectric discontinuity on the dispersion characteristics of the tape helix slow-wave structure with two metal shields," Laser and Particle Beams, Vol. 29, 459-459, 2011.
16. Zhang, Y. and J. Liu, "Dispersion and dielectric effects on re°ection and transmission of electromagnetic waves propagating in multiple stages of tape-helix Blumlein transmission lines," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 139, 145-176, 2013.
17. Dong, J. Li and J. Li, "The reflection and transmission of electromagnetic waves by a uniaxial chiral slab," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 127, 389-404, 2012. doi:10.2528/PIER12031703
18. Asad, H., M. Zubair, and M. J. Mughal, "Reflection and transmission at dielectric-fractal interface," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 125, 543-558, 2012. doi:10.2528/PIER12012402
19. Zhang, Y. and Accumulated destructive e®ect of, "Accumulated destructive effect of nanosecond repetitive voltage pulses on the insulated coatings of Fe-based nanocrystalline ribbon," Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 102, 102907, 2013. doi:10.1063/1.4795621
20. Zhang, Y. and J. L. Liu, "A new kind of low-inductance transformer type magnetic switch (TTMS) with coaxial cylindrical conductors," Review of Scientific Instruments, Vol. 84, No. 3, 023306, 2013. doi:10.1063/1.4791926
21. Barrett, D. M., "Design criteria for a magnetic switch when used to discharge a pulse forming line," Pulsed Power Conference (IEEE), 735-738, 1991. doi:10.1109/PPC.1991.733388