1. Ishimaru, A., Wave Propagation and Scattering in Random Media, Academic, New York, 1978.
2. Tsang, L., J. A. Kong, and R. T. Shin, Theory of Microwave Remote Sensing, Wiley Interscience, New York, 1985.
3. Bass, F. G. and I. M. Fuks, Wave Scattering from Statistically Rough Surfaces , Pergamon, Oxford, U.K., 1979.
4. Beckmann, P. and A. Spizzichino, Scattering of Electromagnetic Waves from Rough Surfaces, Pergamon, New York, 1963.
5. DeSanto, J. A. and G. S. Brown, "Analytical techniques for multiple scattering from rough surfaces," Progress in Optics XXIII, 1986.
6. Nieto-Vesperinas, M. and J. C. Dainty, "Scattering in Volumes and Surfaces. Amsterdam, The Netherlands: North–Holland," North–Holland, 1990.
7. Yueh, H. A., R. T. Shin, and J. A. Kong, "Scattering from randomly perturbed periodic and quasiperiodic surfaces," Progress in Electromagnetics Research, 1989.
8. Winebrenner, D. P. and A. Ishimaru, "Application of the phase perturbation technique to randomly rough surfaces," J. Opt. Soc. Amer., Vol. 2, No. 12, 2285-2294, 1985.
9. Broschat, S. L., L. Tsang, A. Ishimaru, and E. I. Thorsos, "A numerical comparison of the phase perturbation technique with the classical field perturbation and Kirchhoff approximations for random rough surface scattering," J. Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 2, No. 1, 85-102, 1987.
10. O’Donnell, K. A. and E. R. Mendez, "Experimental study of scattering from characterized random surfaces," J. Opt. Soc. Amer. A, No. 4, 1194-1205, 1987.
11. Nieto-Vesperinas, M. and J. M. Soto-Crespo, "Monte-Carlo simulations for scattering of electromagnetic waves from perfectly conducting random rough surfaces ," Opt. Lett., Vol. 12, 979-891, 1987.
12. Celli, V., A. A. Maradudin, A. M. Marvin, and A. R. McGurn, "Some aspects of light scattering from a randomly rough metal surface ," J. Opt. Soc. Amer. A, No. 2, 2225-2239, 1985.
13. Bahar, E. and M. A. Fitzwater, "Enhancement of backscattered diffuse specific intensities from random distributions of finitely conducting particles with rough surfaces ," J. Opt. Soc. Amer., Vol. A-5, 89-98, 1988.
14. Fung, A. K., Z. Li, and K. S. Chen, "Backscattering from a randomly rough dielectric surface," IEEE Trans. Geosci. Remote Sensing, Vol. 30, No. 2, 356-369, 1992.
15. Ogilvy, J. A., Theory of Wave Scattering From Random Rough Surfaces, Adam Hilger, Bristol, 1991.
16. Ishimaru, A., L. Ailes-Sengers, P. Phu, and D. Winebrenner, "Pulse broadening of two-frequency mutual coherence function of the scattered wave from rough surfaces ," Waves in Random Media, Vol. 4, 139-148, 1994.
17. Ishimaru, A. and J. S. Chen, "Scattering from very rough surfaces based on the modified second-order Kirchhoff approximation with angular and propagation shadowing ," JASA, Vol. 88, 1877-1883, 1990.
18. Ishimaru, A. and J. S. Chen, "Scattering from very rough metallic and dielectric surfaces: a theory based on the modified Kirchhoff approximation," Waves in Random Media, Vol. 1, 21-34, 1991.
19. Phu, P., A. Ishimaru, and Y. Kuga, "Controlled millimeter wave experiments and numerical simulations on the enhanced backscattering from one-dimensional very rough surfaces ," Radio Science, Vol. 28, No. 4, 533-548, 1993.
20. Ishimaru, A., "Experimental and theoretical studies on enhanced backscattering from scatterers and rough surfaces," Scattering in Volumes and Surfaces, 1990.
21. Ishimaru, A., J. S. Chen, P. Phu and K. Yoshitomi, "Numerical, analytical, and experimental studies of scattering from very rough surfaces and backscattering enhancement ," Waves in Random Media, Vol. 1, 91-107, 1991.
22. Bennett, J. M. and L. Mattsson, Introduction to surface roughness and scattering, Opt. Soc. Amer., Washington, D.C., 1989.
23. Michel, T. R., M. E. Knotts, and K. A. O’Donnell, "Stokes matrix of a one-dimensional perfectly conducting rough surface," J. Opt. Soc. Amer. A, Vol. 9, 585-596, 1992.
24. Kim, Y. and E. Rodr´iguez, "Comparison of the unified perturbation method with two-scale expansion," IEEE Trans. Geosci. Remote Sensing, Vol. 30, No. 3, 510-515, 1992.
25. Wagner, R. J., "Shadowing of randomly rough surfaces," JASA, Vol. 41, 138-147, 1967.
26. Gradshteyn, I. S., and I. M. Ryzhik, , "Tables of integrals, series, and products," Academic Press, 1980.
27. Phu, P., A. Ishimaru, and Y. Kuga, "Co-polarized and crosspolarized enhanced backscattering from two-dimen- sional very rough surfaces at millimeter wave frequencies," Radio Science, Vol. 29, No. 5, 1275-1291, 1994.