In order to overcome drawbacks of standard particle swarm optimization (PSO) algorithm, such as prematurity and easily trapping in local optimum, a modified PSO algorithm which adopts a global best perturbation, is used to optimize the pattern of cylindrical conformal antenna array for sidelobe level (SLL) suppression and null control in certain directions.The convergence speed and accuracy of the algorithm are improved.Compared with genetic algorithm and simulated annealing, The PSO algorithm is much easier to understand and implement.Firstlypattern formula of conformal array is provided, then, the standard and modified PSO algorithm are introduced, at last, application examples and simulation results are presented.The results show that the Modified PSO algorithm is an effective and efficient method to solve multi-dimension and nonlinear problem.
1. Xiao, P.and Z.H.F eng, A pattern synthesis method for linear array considering mutual coupling effect, International Conference on Microwave and Millimeter Wave Technology, 676-680, 2002.
2. Mahanti, G.K., A.Chakrabart y, and S.Das, "Phase-only and amplitude-phase only synthesis of dual-Beam pattern linear antenna arrays using floating-point genetic algorithms," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 68, 247-259, 2007. doi:10.2528/PIER06072301
3. Guney, K.and M.Ona y, "Amplitude-only pattern nulling of linear antenna arrays with the use of bees algorithm," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 70, 21-36, 2007. doi:10.2528/PIER07011204
4. Mahanti, G.K., N.P athak, and P.Mahan ti, "Synthesis of thinned linear antenna arrays with fixed sidelobe level using realcoded genetic algorithm," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 75, 319-328, 2007. doi:10.2528/PIER07061304
5. Lee, K.C.and J.Y.Jhang, "Application of particle swarm algorithm to the optimization of unequally spaced antenna arrays," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Application, Vol. 20, No. 14, 2001-2012, 2006. doi:10.1163/156939306779322747
6. Babayigit, B., A.Akdagli, and K.Guney, "A clonal selection algorithm for null synthesizing of linear antenna arrays by amplitude control," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Application, Vol. 20, No. 8, 1007-1020, 2006. doi:10.1163/156939306776930222
7. Akdagli, A., K.Guney, and B.Baba yigit, "Clonal selection algorithm for design of reconfigurable antenna array with discrete phase shifters," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Application, Vol. 21, No. 2, 215-227, 2007. doi:10.1163/156939307779378808
8. Ayestar'an, R.G., J.La viada, and F.Las-Heras, "Synthesis of passive-dipole arrays with a genetic-neural hybrid method," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Application, Vol. 20, No. 15, 2123-2135, 2006. doi:10.1163/156939306779322549
9. Zhang, Y.F.and W.Cao, "Array pattern synthesis based on weighted biorthogonal modes," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Application, Vol. 20, No. 10, 1367-1376, 2006. doi:10.1163/156939306779276875
10. Fan, Y., R.H.Jin, Z.Y.W u, B.Liu, and J.P .Geng, Pattern synthesis of linear arrays using a hybrid optimization algorithm, 7th International Conference on Signal Processing, Vol. 1, No. 31, 428-430, 2004.
11. Khodier, M.M.and C.G.Christo doulou, "Linear array geometry synthesis with minimum sidelobe level and null control using particle swarm optimization," IEEE Trans. on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 53, No. 8, 2674-2679, 2005. doi:10.1109/TAP.2005.851762
12. Mohammed, H.B.and I.A.Jehad, "Synthesis of aperiodic linear phased antenna arrays using particle swarm optimization," Electromagnetics, Vol. 26, No. 7, 531-541, 2006. doi:10.1080/02726340600872948
13. Chou, H.T., Y.T.Hsaio, P.H.P athak, P.Nepa, and P.Janpugdee, "A fast DFT planar array synthesis tool for generating contoured beams," Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 3, 287-290, 2004. doi:10.1109/LAWP.2004.837504
14. Rodriguez, A., R.Munoz, H.Estev ez, E.Ares, and E.Moreno, "Synthesis of planar arrays with arbitrary geometry generating arbitrary footprint patterns," IEEE Trans. on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 52, No. 9, 2484-2488, 2004. doi:10.1109/TAP.2004.834125
15. Keizer, W.P .M.N., "Fast low-sidelobe synthesis for large planar array antennas utilizing successive fast fourier transforms of the array factor," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 55, No. 3, 715-722, 2007. doi:10.1109/TAP.2007.891511
17. Dinnic hert, M., Full polarimetric pattern synthesis for an active conformal array, IEEE International Conference on Phased Array Systems and Technology, 415-419, 2000.
18. Kojima, N., K.Hariu, and I.Chiba, Low sidelobe pattern synthesis using projection method with mutual coupling compensation, IEEE International Symposium on Phased Array Systems and Technology, 559-564, 2003.
19. Steysk al, H., Pattern synthesis for a conformal wing array, IEEE Aerospace Conference Proceedings, Vol. 2, 2819-2824, 2002.
20. Zhou, P.Y.and M.A.Ingram, "Pattern synthesis for arbitrary Arrays using an adaptive array method," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 47, No. 5, 862-869, 1999. doi:10.1109/8.774142
21. Liang, H.H., Y.P .Zhou, N.Xie, M.H.Xia, and W.K.W en, A pattern synthesis algorithm based on adaptive array theory, IEEE International Symposium on Microwave, Vol. 1, 60-62, 2005.
22. Ferreira, J.A.and F.Ares, "Pattern synthesis of conformal arrays by the simulated annealing technique," Electronics Letters, Vol. 33, No. 14, 1187-1189, 1997. doi:10.1049/el:19970838
23. Allard, R.J., D.H.W erner, and P.L.W erner, "Radiation pattern synthesis for arrays of conformal antennas mounted on arbitrarilyshaped three-dimensional platforms using genetic algorithms," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 51, No. 5, 1054-1062, 2003. doi:10.1109/TAP.2003.811510
24. Robert, J. M., Phased Array Antenna Handbook, 2nd edition, Artech House, Boston and London, 2005.
26. Boeringer, D.W.and D.H.W erner, "Particle swarm optimization versus genetic algorithms for phased array synthesis," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 52, No. 3, 771-779, 2004. doi:10.1109/TAP.2004.825102
27. Eberhart, R.C.and Y.Shi, Particleswarmoptimization:developments,applicationsandresources,''Proceedingsofthe2001CongressonEvolutionaryComputation,Vol.1,81-86,2001.28.Robinson,J.andY.Rahmat-Samii,Particleswarmoptimizationinelectromagnetics, IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 52, No. 2, 397-407, 2004.
29. Liu, X.F., Y.B.Chen, Y.C.Jiao, and F.S.Zhang, "Modified particle swarm optimization for patch antenna design based on IE3D," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Application, Vol. 21, No. 13, 1819-1828, 2007.