The sum and difference multiple channels were usually applied to the monopulse system only in a receiver. But this paper presents a technique of multiple beam modulation transmitted by the sum and difference multiple channels. The modulated field is designed as three chip signal vectors whose sum and whose differences are controlled by the gains of antennas,and the angle between the sum vector and the differential vector depends on the phase error between the channels so that the different microwave signals can be transmitted in the different directions. A receiver with single-antenna can extract azimuth and elevation with respect to the transmitter. Simulation results show that the proposed modulation system has been successfully designed to integrate digital communication with direction-finding in the way of the reverse monopulse.
"Sum and Difference Multiple Beam Modulation Transmitted by Multimode Horn Antenna for Inverse Monopulse Direction-Finding," Progress In Electromagnetics Research,
Vol. 82, 367-380, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIER08032407
1. Nickel, U., "Overview of generalized monopulse estimation," IEEE Aerospace and Electronic Systems Magazine, Vol. 21, No. 6, 27-56, 2006. doi:10.1109/MAES.2006.1662039
2. Fontana, R. J., E. A. Richley, A. J. Marzullo, et al."An ultra wideband radar for micro air vehicle applications," IEEE Conference on Ultra Wideband Systems and Technologies, Baltimore, MD, May 2002.
3. Slaney, A. and Y. Sun, "Space-time coding for wireless communications: An overview," IEE Proc. Commun., Vol. 153, No. 4, 509-518, 2006. doi:10.1049/ip-com:20050346
4. Shiu, D., P. J. Smith, D. Gesbert, M. Shafi, and A. Nayguib, "From theory to practice: An overview of MIMO space–time coded wireless systems," IEEE J. Select. Areas Commun., Vol. 21, No. 3, 281-302, 2003. doi:10.1109/JSAC.2003.809458
5. Khaleghi, A., "Diversity techniques with parallel dipole antennas: Radiation pattern analysis," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 64, 23-42, 2006. doi:10.2528/PIER06062401
6. Gore, D. A. and A. J. Paulraj, "MIMO antenna subset selection with space-time coding," IEEE Trans. Sig. Proc., Vol. 50, No. 10, 2580-2588, 2002. doi:10.1109/TSP.2002.803337
7. Koo, B. W., M.-S. Baek, and H.-K. Song, "Multiple antenna transmission technique for UWB system," Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 2, 177-185, 2008.
8. Abouda, A. A., H. M. El-Sallabi, L. Vuokko, and S. G. Haggman, "Spatial smoothing effect on Kronecker MIMO channel model in urban microcells," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 5, 681-696, 2007. doi:10.1163/156939307780667265
9. Noori, N. and H. Oraizi, "Evaluation of MIMO channel capacity in indoor environments using vector parabolic equation method," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 4, 13-25, 2008.
10. Chen, Y. B., Y. C. Jiao, F. S. Zhang, and H. W. Gao, "A novel small CPW-fed T-shaped antenna for MIMO system applications," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 14, 2027-2036, 2006. doi:10.1163/156939306779322774
11. Abouda, A. A. and S. G. Haggman, "Effect of mutual coupling on capacity of MIMO wireless channels in high SNR scenario," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 65, 27-40, 2006. doi:10.2528/PIER06072803
12. Geyi, W., "Multi-antenna information theory," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 75, 11-50, 2007. doi:10.2528/PIER07052203
13. Lehmann, N. H., E. Fishler, A. M. Haimovich, et al. "Evaluation of transmit diversity in MIMO-radar direction finding," IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, Vol. 55, No. 5, 2215-2224, 2007. doi:10.1109/TSP.2007.893220
14. Fishler, E., A. H. Haimovich, R. S. Blum, D. Chizhik, L. Cimini, and R. Valenzuela, "MIMO radar: An idea whose time has come," Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. on Radar, Apr. 2004.
15. Song, M. Z. and T. Hong, "Multiple beam modulation and direction-finding transmitted by square-corner antenna," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 14, 2095-2108, 2007. doi:10.1163/156939307783152821
16. Song, M. Z. and T. Hong, "Microwave space modulation carrying azimuth and elevation transmitted by monopulse antenna," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 22, No. 2, 277-289, 2008. doi:10.1163/156939308784160686
17. Mallahzadeh, A. R., A. A. Dastranj, and H. R. Hassani, "A novel dual-polarized double-ridged horn antenna for wideband application," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 1, 67-80, 2008. doi:10.2528/PIERB07101602
18. Abbas-Azimi, M., F. Arazm, J. Rashed-Mohassel, and R. Faraji-Dana, "Design and optimization of a new 1-18 GHz double ridged guide horn antenna," Journal of Electromagnetic Wave and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 4, 501-516, 2007. doi:10.1163/156939307780616810
19. Green, H. E., "The radiation pattern of a conical horn," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, 1149-1160, 2006. doi:10.1163/156939306777442999
20. Green, H. E., "The phase centre of a pure mode,smo oth wall, conical horn," Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, Vol. 4, 285-298, 2008.
21. Gupta, R. C. and S. P. Singh, "Analysis of radiation patterns of compound box-horn antenna," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 76, 31-44, 2007. doi:10.2528/PIER07060301
22. Lee, K. M. and R. S. Chu, "Design and analysis of a multimode feed horn for a monopulse feed," IEEE Tans. Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 36, No. 2, 171-181, 1988. doi:10.1109/8.1094
23. Lee, K.-C., J.-S. Ou, and C.-W. Huang, "Angular-diversity radar recognition of ships by transformation based approaches - including noise effects ," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 72, 145-158, 2007. doi:10.2528/PIER07030901
24. Singh, A. K., P. Kumar, T. Chakravarty, G. Singh, and S. Bhooshan, "A novel digital beamformer with low angle resolution for vehicle tracking radar," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 66, 229-237, 2006. doi:10.2528/PIER06112102
25. Mukhopadhyay, M., B. K. Sarkar, and A. Chakrabarty, "Augmentation of anti-jam GPS system using smart antenna with a simple DOA estimation algorithm," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 67, 231-249, 2007. doi:10.2528/PIER06090504
26. Soliman, M. S., T. Morimoto, and Z.-I. Kawasaki, "Three-dimension localization system for impulse noise sources ultra-wideband digital interferometer technique," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 20, No. 4, 515-530, 2006. doi:10.1163/156939306776117027
27. Zela, J., K. Hoffmann, and P. Hudec, "Generalized approach for phase interferometric measurements of electromagnetic field," PIERS Online, Vol. 3, No. 8, 1340-1345, 2007. doi:10.2529/PIERS070520090330
28. Vescovo, R., "Beam scanning with null-and excitation constraints for linear arrays of antennas," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Vol. 21, No. 2, 267-277, 2007. doi:10.1163/156939307779378817