In this work, a new efficient simplification method is proposed for crosstalk prediction of multicoaxial cable bundles (MCCB). The purpose of the new simplification method is to reduce the simulation time by reducing the complexity of the complete cable bundle model. A modified five-step procedure is established to define the electrical and geometrical characteristics of the reduced cable bundle by making the outer and inner conductor of the coaxial cable participate in the equivalence procedure respectively. After a short presentation of the MCCB coupling problem, the theory fundamentals of the new simplification method and numerical simulations performed on a simple MCCB are presented to demonstrate the efficiency and the advantages of the new simplification method.
Liang Liang Liu,
Chang Qing Gu,
"Simplification Method for Modeling Crosstalk of Multicoaxial Cable Bundles," Progress In Electromagnetics Research,
Vol. 135, 281-296, 2013. doi:10.2528/PIER12111404
1. Paul, , C. R., Analysis of Multiconductor Transmission Lines,, Wiley-Interscience, New York, , 1994..
2. Sali, , S., , F. A. Benson, and J. E. Sitch, "Coupling between multi-coaxial cable systems. Part I: General considerations and efficient numerical method for crosstalk," IEE Proc.,, Vol. 129, No. 3, 162-166, May 1982.
3. Wang, , J., , W.-Y. Yin, J.-P. Fang, and Q.-F. Liu, "Transient responses of coaxial cables in an electrically large cabin with slots and windows illuminated by an electromagnetic pulse," Progress In Electromagnetics Research,, Vol. 106, 1-16, 2010. doi:10.2528/PIER10060708
4. Koo, , S. K., H. S. Lee, and Y. B. Park, "Crosstalk reduction effect of asymmetric stub loaded lines," Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications,, Vol. 25, No. 8--9, 1156-1167, 2011. doi:10.1163/156939311795762204
5. Lin, , D.-B., , F.-N. Wu, W. S. Liu, C. K. Wang, and H.-Y. Shih, "Crosstalk and discontinuities reduction on multi-module memory bus by particle swarm optimization ," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 121, 53-74, 2011. doi:10.2528/PIER11080302
6. Shamaileh, K. A. A., , A. M. Qaroot, and N. I. Dib, "Non-uniform transmission line transformers and their application in the design of compact multi-band Bagley power dividers with harmonics suppression," Progress In Electromagnetics Research,, Vol. 113, 269-284, 2011.
7. Wu, , Y., Y. Liu, and , "An unequal coupled-line Wilkinson power divider for arbitrary terminated impedances," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 117, 181-194, , 2011..
8. Deng, , P.-H., , J.-H. Guo, and W.-C. Kuo, "New wilkinson power dividers based on compact stepped-impedance transmission lines and shunt open stubs," Progress In Electromagnetics Research,, Vol. 123, 407-426, 2012. doi:10.2528/PIER11111612
9. Liu, , Y., L. Tong, W. Zhu, Y. Tian, and B. Gao, "Impedance measurements of nonuniform transmission lines in time domain using an improved recursive multiple reflection computation method," Progress In Electromagnetics Research,, Vol. 117, 149-164, 2011.
10. Sali, , S., "Transfer impedance of braided coaxial cables at radio and microwave frequencies," M. Eng. Thesis, , 1979.
11. Benson, F. A., P. A. Cudd, and J. M. Tealby, , "Leakage from coaxial cables," IEE Proc., Vol. 139, No. 6, 285-303, Nov. 1992..
12. Tealby, , J. M., P. A. Cudd, and F. A. Benson, "Coupling between jacketed braided coaxial cables," IEE Proc., Vol. 134, No. 10, 793-798, Dec. 1987.
13. Andrieu, , G., , L. Kon´e, F. Bocquet, B. D´emoulin, and J. P. Par mantier, "Multiconductor reduction technique for modeling common-mode currents on cable bundles at high frequency for automotive applications," IEEE Trans. Electromagn. Compat.,, Vol. 50, No. 1, 175-184, Feb. 2008.. doi:10.1109/TEMC.2007.911914
14. Andrieu, , G., X. Bunlon, L. Kon´e, J. P. Parmantier, B. D´emoulin, and A. Reineix, "The ‘equivalent cable bundle method’: An efficient multiconductor reduction technique to model industrial cable networks," New Trends and Developments in Automotive System Engineering,, Jan. 2011..
15. Li, , Z., , L. L. Liu, and C. Q. Gu, "Generalized equivalent cable bundle method for modeling EMC issues of complex cable bundles terminated in arbitrary loads," Progress In Electromagnetic Research, Vol. 123, 13-30, 2012. doi:10.2528/PIER11102601
16. Schetelig, , B., , J. Keghie, R. Kanyou Nana, L.-O. Fichte, S. Potthast, and S. Dickmann, "Simplified modeling of EM field coupling to complex cable bundles," Adv. Radio Sci.,, Vol. 8, 211-217, 2010. doi:10.5194/ars-8-211-2010
17. Paul, , C. R., "Effect of pigtails on crosstalk to braided-shield cables," IEEE Trans. Electromagn. Compat., Vol. 22, No. 3, Aug. 1980. doi:10.1109/TEMC.1980.303876